Car Crash

"He's down in a coma, Mr. Ashfield. We tried our best but there's internal bleeding. He'll have to be unconscious for as long as he will." The doctor says, taking his surgical mask off. I recognized him. He was my classmate from three years ago. Jacob smiles at me over Chrome's shoulder, his eyes sad and grieving.

"And the lady?" Chrome's voice was dark and worried.

"She's fine but she'll be unconscious for a time. She's just in a minor state of bruises and a broken arm."

Chrome walks over to his seat, sitting down with his head on his hands.

Jacob goes over to me. "Kaye, it was a good thing you were there. If you hadn't, a minute late and his fathers would've gone."

"Jacob, please save him. Please," I say, my tears threatening to flow out.

He nods, patting me on my shoulder, "He'll be alright. You'd better check yourself up first, the glass pieces have possibly entered your blood vessels."

"No, these are just grazes, a disinfectant and iodine would do."

"Come to my office and I'll treat you." He says, turning me away from the ER doors. Chrome doesn't follow. He was glued to his chair, sighing deep.

After getting treated, Jacob walks me to a room. He opens the door for me, "Here's where I leave you. It was nice meeting you again, Kaye."

"You too, Jacob."

I entered the room, seeing a pale girl tied to an oxygen tank with bandages all over. Chrome was on her side, looking as handsome as every even though he was ruffled.

I stood at the foot of Daphne's bed.

"Kaye, who could've done this?"

I was silent.

Chrome speaks again, "I swear if I ever know who the real culprit is, I'd turning heaven and earth to see that he gets what he deserves."

"Chrome--"

"Daphne...I can't lose her another time."

"Louis--"

"I'm so close. So close to have her again. We were finally getting back together. And this happens?"

"Chrome--"

"Please leave us alone for a while, Kaye," he mutters closing a hand over Daphne's pale lifeless hand.

I bit my lip, nodding.

"I'll just be downstairs if you ever need my help."

It hurts. Really hurts.

But I have to endure this. This is only temporary.

I turned away from both of them. Tears falling from my eyes.

I didn't cry because Louis was in an accident. I didn't cry because Daphne was in an accident too. I didn't cry because Chrome looked so pitiful.

I cried because I'm a fool.