Throw Away

I'll update this today because I wasn't able to update yesterday. Anyway...happy reading!

Kaye

I dashed out of the building, my feet hurting because of thr asphalt road. But I had no choice. I can't go back. I was scared.

But those were the only pair of shoes I had.

I sighed, turning back. But I stopped midway. It was so familiar. That wave of hair. That height. That beautiful face....Daphne Summers.

She entered the building, flipping her hair over her shoulder. She wore a very short dress, ending just three inches below her butt. I bit my lip. I turned away.

It seemed like Chrome had another appointment.

But my shoes...

No. Nevermind. He can throw it away if he wants to.

I hailed a cab, going home.

Nathan was waiting for me.

Oh God. He looked messily handsome leaning on the hood of his car with his head down in front of the gate of my house.

I got out of the cab. Feeling guilty more than ever. I nervously crossed the road, walking towards him.

"Good heavens! Kaye! Where were you?" He looked up, his eyes looked worried and tired. He ran over to me, pulling me with him to the safe side of the road.

"I--" I answer but he cuts me off when his arms held me tight to him. He burried his face deep into my neck. I watched the night sky, staring at it, wide-eyed, speechless for the moment.

"I searched everywhere for you! Where were you? Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I--" I started, but he pulls away, embarrassed. He realized that I felt uncomfortable with his sudden affection. He muttered an apology, looking away.

"I went over to the--" Where? The hospital? Chrome's house? The cafe?

"The cafe," I add immediately, nodding at him.

"Then where's your shoes?"

"They got broken, I'd have to walk bare."

"You could've called me, Kaye."

"I didn't take my phone with me."

"You were just at the cafe?" He asked. He didn't seem to believe me.

I rolled my eyes, nodding at him. I would have taken longer with this conversation but the pain between my legs was unbearable.

"I'm sorry, Nate. I have to go in, I forgot to turn the lights on."

"Should I come with you?"

"No!" I cried. The look on his face was hurt. I was just startled with his sudden question. "No," I said more softly this time.

"Okay, then. I should get home."

"Nate! Wait--" I grabbed his jacket sleeve as he turned to leave, "I'm sorry."