It Starts With The End Again

Before I officially start this chap..I would like to thank the people that CODE 1131 didn't allow me to give recognitions to. They have currently for the these past, I think, 5 days?voted, added, commented, and followed. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YOU ALL! YOU'RE ALL THE REASON (including my faithful readers of course...hi!) WHY I AM DETERMINED TO WRITE.

I'm sorry if I hadn't been able to send you messages of thanks and gratitude. But I hope you can read it here. You know who you are. Thank you!

For all my readers...Thank you very much for the support in reading this book!

This chap is for all of you! Sorry for not sending you any messages of thanks! Again...I HATE CODE 1131! Argh!

*****

The end...meaning finished. My life was once again finished. It had ended.

But the sky wasn't mourning now. It was actually bright, so clear and blue in contrast to what I'm feeling now as I stared out into the morning quiet street.

The sun hadn't risen up to view yet, but there was enough illumination to indicate that dawn had faded. So was my role in his life.

I was fading. Faded. Had faded.

Right. Temporary. Replacement. Short-term.

I smiled at my vivid reflection in the car window as my tears were drying up. I held my hand up, tracing the lines of my eyes in the reflection. They looked tired and pitiful.

I wanted to begin again. Play it all back from the start. Maybe this time, I'd actually keep him with me. Maybe this time, I'd be permanent. I'd be happy. Maybe this time...maybe...

I burst into tears again silently, trying to muffle my whimpers by clamping my mouth shut. My bottom lip quivers and I bit on it to stop it from shaking and bringing out more tears.

It was getting dry again. It was getting better. I was getting better.

I like you.

I love you.

Kaye.

I shut my eyes hard, my hands turning into balls, wrinkling my shirt.

Damn you, Chrome. Damn you both with Daphne. I hate you. I despise you.

I love you.

But I could never say that. I could never and would never say that.

I was so glad Nathan was a focused driver. He'd better not see me like this.

"Kaye, you know you have a meeting with Jerome today, right? Tomorrow's the trial."

I inhaled deeply and soundlessly, turning to him with dry eyes. Thank God, they stopped crying. "Oh, right. I almost forgot."

"You should both hurry up and clear your name, Kaye. The papz will never stop asking questions, they'll get many and more."

"I don't really know what's going on with the investigation, Nate. I--I don't even know what I'm doing now. W-why..."

"Why, what?" He asked, parking the car by the side walk to concentrate on our conversation, "Did something interesting happen?"