Flower Boy Next Door

I had finally arrived. After what seemed like eternity, my legs had survived. They were as hot as hotdogs frying on the pan. I collapsed, lying down on the wooden floor just outside the shop. It was dark and only a little illumination came from the street lamp across the street. Then, my fear fueled me up again.

There was a clown looking at me. He was standing under the lamp holding a balloon.

He waves and I jump. I had no energy to run again. My legs were dead.

Maybe I should try CPR on my toes, just to burst them up alive.

I know the clown was just in my head, but it's really scary here. The shop is no safe haven.

And it's one in the a.m.

Freaking one in the a.m.

He left me three hours ago.

My fists balls. This guy is going to get it. Ten times. I swear. And if there truly is a clown under the lamp I swear I'm killing Ashfield.

I took a breath and run again.

I should have tried out for the Maze Runner auditions for extras.
I was weakly running down the hill slope, frantically escaping the fragment of imagination. I was still too far from the nearest McDonalds, the only twenty-four hour fast food chain. And there was no shelter.

I'm going to kill that bastard.

I fished my phone out of the pocket and just as unlucky in horror movies, it's dead.

I sigh and sped up a little. I rounded the corner when...

Crash!

Kaboom!

*I'm rolling downhill*

I opened my eyes to the scent of flowers. Roses, hydrangeas and lilies.

Am I dead?

"No, you're not." A voice says. And that's when all the fear had me in it's claws.

"Get off me! Get you're hands off me! I hate clowns!" I tore at it.

"Hey, chill dude, I'm human!" He insisted. I opened one eye and saw grey corneas looking back at me.

"There you go, see, I'm no clown." He smiles. The white of his teeth reflects the moonlight that shown down and his eyes where tiny gold flecks from the faraway street lamp.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, looking down on the mess I've made.

"These flowers? How many are there?" I hung my head, guilty of knocking down a crate of fresh blooms.

"It's no big deal," he says, "look, it's alright. Nothing's damaged."

"Really?" I asked, still unsure of what to do.

He was really handsome, with raven black hair and fair skin, he also has a good torso. Okay...I'm not drooling you guys. He's lean yet muscular, strong arms and clean face. I could've sworn, in my happy days, I would've fallen for him. Instantly.

"I'm Nathan. You?" He takes out his hand, "Is it meteorite? Cause you've created a big impact on me."

"Oho. Cheesy lines, huh? Well, my name's Kaye, nice to meet you."

He smile and I smile. Okay my third?

"So you're scared of clowns, aren't you?"

"N-No, I'm not!" I stammered, hearing the word was enough to make me jump and run.

"But you just admitted." He says, picking up the blooms. I bent to help him. "I'm so sorry, again," I apologized. It was getting in my head.

"I said it's alright, don't let it get to you." He says, chuckling. "Now, will you hold these for me? I'm gonna open the shop."

"Sure, no problem." I say, nodded to him. He inserts the key into the keyhole and opens the glass doors to a quiet room. He turns on a couple of lights by the door, and the warmth of the cozy shop makes me wants to snuggle in bed.

"Do you work here?" I ask, handing him the crate. He takes them from me, putting it down on one counter.

"I manage the place, just a part-time business. My younger sister actually runs it but she's traveling around."

Oh...

"So, where do you live?"

"In the city." I say as I watched him loading more crates. He piled them up on one corner and locked the glass door again in place.

"Woah, that's pretty far. Can I give you a ride? Just because there might be scary people chasing you? And it's not an hour for young women, I guess?" The last of his sentence sounded like a question or a request. It was weird though, but I don't think I can run anymore.

I nod, and he opens the passenger door of the truck for me.

I seated myself and the inside smelled great. Like spring. He slips in and starts the car. Within seconds, we drove off the hill, rounding corners and streets. We had finally reached the high way when his phone rang. "Hello, Nathan speaking?"

I watched in silence as he nodded."Yeah, I've locked it already. Don't worry. Yeah...Yeah...Goodnight sis. Sleep tight." He says into the phone before hanging up.

"Was that your sister?"

"Yup, she's checking on the fresh picks."

"Oh, that's great then, uh...can you stop here?" I say as we've reached the corner of my street. There were still people walking briskly under the yellow lights.

"Okay," he smiles and stops the car. "See you then," I bid. "Yeah, see you, Meteorite."

Calling me that was kind of weird.

Anyways...

I leapt off the seat and landed softly on the ground, I closed the door behind me and with a wave, I watched him leave.

For a person, he sure smiles a lot.

I turned around and within minutes arrived at home.