The End?

I watched everything fall. The leaves, the branches, the temperature...The dream I want so bad.

It's never gonna see daylight. I sigh watching the sun set.

It was nearly fall and I watched the yellow leaves paint themselves a deeper shade. Nathan came by not just too long ago but he suddenly left.

My throat was parched and I decided to stop staring into space and grab some water. Keith was in his room, snoring. I treaded quietly to the kitchen.

I brought the glass with me to my room. But on my way there, I stop, glancing at the table in the living room. There, a yellow envelope was neatly placed. I go over to it, holding it close to my face.

I recognize Nathan's handwriting on a sticky note stuck outside the envelope.

Kaye, I just want you to know, I'm always here for you.

I smile at the note, sipping a bit of water from my glass. I open the envelope, my hands finding a thick paper inside. I took it out and read it.

An order from court.

Nathan's note was not a comfort but a warning.

I swallowed, Chrome. I almost dropped my glass. The tears coming back again. My grip on the paper tightens, wrinkling it.

I didn't do anything wrong! Someone fabricated the evidence. Someone did. And who could it be?

I gritted my teeth, putting the paper hastly in the envelope.

None other than that Daphne of his.

I'm going to see them both in the morning.

****

"I demand to see Ashfield right now!" My voice was thick, strong, authoritative as I ordered Jake to let me in the hospital room. But he doesn't budge and he's back to wear those irritable sunglasses. "No, Miss. He doesn't want to talk to you."

"When do you even call me Miss? Has he ordered to erase my very existence by throwing me to jail!"

The people inside the hospital, the nurses, the doctors were all staring and whispering. But I don't d*mn care.

I was going to fight once and for all.

I didn't do it and God knows it.

"Ashfield! You coward! Come out and talk to me!"

Jake blocks me from turning the door knob. I wince as he twists my wrist.

"Don't you talk like that to my boss," he says, "You are in no place to say that."

"In no place huh? Well, I'm going to tell him the truth whether the evidence don't say what I say."

"Miss, I told you no."

"Okay then, let him come out."

"He doesn't want to."

"Oh, really? That *ssh*ole? Tell him to stop being such a st*pid pig head and face me!"

Now, the nurses were chattering to themselves, but again, I don't freaking care.

It seemed like my cursing actually got to him since he doesn't hear me talking like this often. Even I, myself, am surprised of the way I talked. But it felt right. I was ready to get myself dirty to clear my name.

He orders Jake to move aside. And for the first time, I actually felt like missing him.

It threatens to drop my walls and my spirit. The sight of him makes me want to be that demure girl again. I want to see his smile, his laugh. He looked just the same, even better.

But the look on his eyes were the ones who told me the truth.

He was better off without me, huh?

I clamped my mouth, biting my inner cheek to hold the tears.

"Well, here you are." I say, trying to avoid any indication of a croak, "I'm sure you're having fun in throwing me away."

"No one's having fun," he says, his hands on his pockets. He's staring at his feet, "I can't believe you did that."

"Well, I didn't do it! How many times do I have to prove to you that I'm telling the truth?!"

"Truth?" He scoffs, "What do you know about it?"

"..." It pained me.

"See? Maybe you are the one fabricating your own opinion. Maybe you badly want everything back so that you can have a more comfortable life with me."

"With you?" It was my turn to scoff. "This isn't about us Chrome, it's about me. I didn't do it. I didn't. I helped them out of there. If I wasn't there, they would've died. Now, this is how it feels to be blamed for the wrong reasons."

"Wrong reasons? How do you explain the evidence? Fabricated? By who, if it is? Daphne?" He laughs, actually slapping his knee in deep sarcasm. "You know for one that I'll take her word against yours. You know it, Kaye. Stop living in your fantasies and see the reality for once. You were just a fling. Nothing more, nothing less. Did you really think I'll love you?"

I couldn't say anything anymore. It all hurt. My chest was actually feeling like a concave mirror, squeezing blood and air out of me. I couldn't actually breathe. My stomach pushes down, like someone punching me on my abdomen. I couldn't see clearly, specks of sparks and tears were blurring my vision. I held my head down in a silent defeat.

"See you in court," he says, turning away from me. I couldn't grab his hand because mine were still bruised from what he did. I couldn't even throw myself on my knees to beg because my legs hurt from walking everyday in weary.

I couldn't do anything.

Jake was about to shut the door. But I realized, I can still say something. A farewell to everything I thought was true.

I smiled to the floor, "I never actually loved you Chrome, you narcissistic jerk." One sentence, one breath, one big lie. But I allowed myself that lie. It was the only thing that could save me.

Chrome must have heard it because before the door shut him out completely, he spun on his heels, a look of surprise on his face. But I wasn't there anymore. I did not waste time in fleeing away from the thing I knew I couldn't ever have.

Maybe this is my goodbye.

The time when all ink ran out of me. The time when they erase my marks on the board. The time when I'll disappear into nothing but sea foam.

I wiped my tears.

This is the step to The Prince's Temporary Wife's ending.

I don't even know what, should I be glad, or should I mourn?

******

Hi there guys! To all of you who has been frequently and currently voting, commenting, waiting, reading, thank you very much! I am so very happy and touched to hear and see how this story has been going for you. So this chapter is dedicated to all of you!

I love you all!
-D.S.