Even Without the Baby

Kaye's POV

I woke up to the sound of the beeping of a machine.

I looked around the room, white walls, white bed...white everything.

I rubbed my eyes, a tube attached to my wrist.

I'm in a hospital.

And everything comes back to me.

Chrome...The beach...the pain...

The baby.

My baby.

"Help! Help!" I screamed.

He didn't die, did he?

Did he?

Tears were flowing out my eyes and I stumbled out of the bed that had me tightly wrapped. I tugged on the tube. Pain shoots from the tips of my fingers to my shoulders.

I muttered a little harmless curse, tugging harder. It was painful but I had to find out.

He's alive...He should be.

My legs were wobbly and I managed to get to the door after knocking several things over and bruising the sides of my body.

The corridor was empty when I opened the door.

"Please! Help!" I screamed again, my tears coming in great amounts.

My baby...please...

I don't want anything else.

I just want my baby.

A nurse finally hears me and crouches beside me.

"Miss, you have to get back to bed. You're not strong yet---what the hell?" She held my left arm up, the obvious trail of blood tells her everything.

I sobbed and she understands.

She embraces me and mumbles words of encouragement.

But it didn't help at all.

I lost the baby...I lost...

Our baby.

Chrome's POV

I watched her laughing behind bars and my blood boils.

She had wrecked me once. I won't let her do it again.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" I shout at her but she continues to laugh.

"You know damn well why I did that." She cackled. I reached out and grabbed her in the neck. I don't care if she chokes.

I did care once. But I'm not going to care for her again.

"You loved me. You know that you do."

"I loved you, yes," I admitted and she smiles, "I loved you."

I emphasized each word so that she'd get it.

"Ha! You still love me now."

The police men gaves us privacy, the chief telling everybody to move out. I nodded at him, turning back to her.

"No, I love--"

"Are you sure? It looked pretty forced to me."

"Forced?" I seethed, bringing her closer to my face, choking her.

She coughs, and plants a kiss on my lips.

It didn't spark anything. I don't taste anything. It was plain and mediocre.

It was nothing.

"Aww come on, you're forcing yourself on her because she's pregnant with you." She whispered, her eyes narrowing at me.

Daphne was beautiful, yes...

But wicked.

I smirked, "I love her, even without the baby." I let her go and she brings both her hands on her neck.

"Okay, fine, you do. Just like all rebound stories, just like all cliches like this story. But just like all of them, you're bound to break." She harumphed, flipping her hair.

"You're right." I grinned, "Just like all of them, we're bound to break."

She runs a hand down my face, "Then just be with me. I know you understand."

"I do understand. I'd kill Nathan if he impregnated her."

She waits for me to continue, "But you're wrong. Just like all cliches like this story, we're bound to go back together. And people love that. That's what makes cliches good, no matter how the story's playing over and over again the same type of plot.

And you're wrong. I'm not forced.

I truly do love her.

Again, even without the baby."

I turned around, away from her and I walked away. My feet easily moved, not as I thought.

Then I smiled to myself, a bit proud.

I'm not going to look back to her just like how I did before. I'm not going to be with her again. I'm not going to look for her anymore.

I have someone better. Someone I love better.

"Goodbye, Daph." I say, amidst her screaming.

*****

Hey guys! How's it going?

I'd like to say sorry to you all.

I've kept you waiting for weeks. I know that you've beeb tired of waiting for this short chap.

It's been hectic lately. There was the finals and now, the thesis I managed to finish.

Thank God I finished!!!

Again guys, I'm deeply sorry.

And very much grateful. Thank you soo much!

I've been crying. I've finally reached a 90k. I never thought I would.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! YOU'RE EVERYTHING THIS STORY IS!!!

Love,
D.S.

And by the way guyssss....

I want to promote a story by a wattpad writer, reader and a friend of mine.

Her book is entitled, "And It All Just Happened" by MissHephzy

I hope you'd read her book! It's good! It's still on its first stages.

Thank you again!