The Date With The Rebound

"Where are you going, sis?" Keith asks from the couch. He was lying on his back playing with his phone.

"Does it suit me? Do I look pretty?" I asked hima again, changing my outfit for the umpteenth time. He sighs, "You are definitely going on a date with Brother."

"No, I'm not. And since when do you call Chrome your brother?"

"Duh, you married him, remember?"

"Whatever. I'm late," I say, heading out the door. Without a goodbye, I closed the gate behind me. Keith and all his questions are irritating me.

"Taxi! Taxi!" I called, waving my hand out. I am fifteen minutes late. I doubt Nathan's going to wait for me. Its at least an hour to get to the cafe in this time of day because of the heavy traffic.

The taxi stops and I get in.

****

"Nathan!" I called. He was leaning underneath a tree with his arms crossed. He looks up with a smile. And it brightens my heart. Captivating my eyes on the look he put on, all white. He looked like he was going to heaven or something.

I smiled at him, running over. He stands straight, messing my hair.

"What?!" I screamed at him but not that loud. He chuckles. "It took me the entire hour to get that look."

"Whatever you wear or fix yourself up with, you're still beautiful to me."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, a hundred percent."

"Why is the cafe closed? I thought it's just a simple date over cups of hot coffee."

"I asked sis if I could close up the shop. And she said yes."

"Boss did that? Woah, the perks of being a family member."

"Aaaand she also gave me a good luck message."

"Did she? I'm about to fail her expectations then."

"Aww, come on love, you've got to try."

"Well I'm trying but I..."

"Oh, dang, we're not going to see the perfect view of the city. We're running late!"

"Oh, let's go then."

He turned on the motorcycle, revving up the engine. I swung my leg over steading myself.

A sound of another engine and the cracking of pebbles caught our attention and Nathan turns the engine off.

"Where are you going?" A voice says with anger and astonishment. A voice I never knew I could hear ever again.

Chrome.

He grabs me on my arm, forcing me to ride off the bike. I almost stumbled over with such a force he grabbed me with.

But I wasn't going to get fooled anymore. Weakness for him will never be on my veins. I flipped my head up to him in anger.

"We are going on a DATE."

He smirks, looking at Nathan. "You dare take MY wife on a date?" He emphasized the wife, strenthening his hold on my arm.

"Why doesn't he have a right? It's not like we're real."

"Oh, you've told this guy in utter desperation?"

"Desperation of what? Of you?"

"You left me on the beach!"

"You left me with that woman!"

"You didn't even hear what I said!"

"You said you like me, but that was it!"

"You want me to say I love you?" His voice was stern and demanding he was nearly shouting at me. It was a good thing that the cafe was in a neighborhood not filled with much people. He was creating a scene and it was too much. It was like I was the culprit here but in truth he was the one who left me. I decided to clear this all up with a sentence I even regretted I said.

"I don't even give a damn if you love me!"

He goes silent for a while, releasing his hold on my arm but there was rage in his eyes and he grabs Nathan by the collar, I saw the episode already.

I slipped in between him and Nathan.

"If you're going to hurt him you have to get throught me first."

"Are you that weak to let a girl defend you, huh, Peirce?"

"You know Chrome it's not Nathan who's wrong here. Its you."

"What did I do?"

"You know I pity you for sometimes not looking at the things who've helped you change. And I sometimes wonder if you really have your priorities straight."

"Pity me?"

Nathan scoffs, riding his bike once again.

"Shut up you bastard, you jerk, get back to the person you said you can't live without and leave me alone."

I swung my leg over the bike and held Nathan's waist, tightly. I was shaking and quivering all over.

"I'm sorry Daphne. He loves you so much that he even forgot the person who's helping him forget you." I say, seeing Daphne coming out of the passenger seat. Her look was blank and I couldn't tell if she was mad or sad. I shrugged.

Chrome was silent as Nathan puts my helmet on. I whispered to him with a croak, "Let's go."

Nathan revved up the engine and we pull out of the cafe's parking lot and onto the streets. He led me up to the mountain where Chrome had left me on the very first days we met.

I smiled with my little victory. Thank God, I've given him a taste of how bastardly he was.