The Day of The Migraine Attack

I heaved a breath, getting anxiously nervous. My hands were shaking in fear that today, I wouldn't win. This is the first day. Jerome told me to loosen up a bit, opening a button of my white polo underneath my black coat.

I remembered how Jerome laughed at me because I wore something too formal. Again, I have no sense of what to wear. I don't even know what the right clothes for me are.

In the silence of the CR where I imprison muself for the moment, I could hear a light tapping of shoes from outside. I glanced to the open doorway, shocked to find Nathan.

My heart stops for a moment, surprised. He came.

"Are you finished?" He asked, looking up at me with bored grey eyes.

"Nope, I'm literally dying."

"A CR is not a good location to die. It's too dirty," he chuckles casually walking over to me to pat my head by the door of the CR. I clamped my mouth shut.

"Thank you," I muttered, "I...suddenly...don't feel so alone now."

He chuckled, holding me by my arms, shaking me gently, "Hey, that's why I'm here. I suppose you sent Keith away didn't you?"

"I did. I don't want him involved in this."

He sighed, "Come on, it's going to start in less that forty five minutes."

"Okay," I agreed following him out the CR. The lobby of the court was silent but a distant chattering was slightly distrubing the peaceful quiet. There weren't no other cases judged today. Only mine. I looked to where the noise was, distracted.

But unfortunately, the fear I tried so much to suppress burst through my little careful courage, shattering my optimism. I watched wide eyed at the people entering the court with flashes gathered around them.

Paparazzi.

And Chrome freaking foolish Ashfield.

The worst combination of the end of me.

I suddenly feel the feelings surging in my body, going with the fear unleashed. My knees wobbled and I grab Nathan by his coat sleeve to steady myself.

Chrome...

His hair, his eyes, his face, his body...they look the same. No...even more handsome. Saying that Jerome looked much like him, I was mistaken. Proving that I really missed him so much. Proving that I loved him so much. I couldn't look away as my eyes devour every sight of him that I can see. My mind processing much of him to recover from the stale, soulless life I lived in these weeks. My heart...My heart beating much of the sparks that my body stopped feeling. I suddenly felt numb. Tears threatening to fall.

Nathan whirls in surprise, grabbing my wrist to hold me from sinking to the floor. "Kaye!" He says a little loudly than necessary, giving us away.

Chrome looks up at the sound of it. My name? Or the sound of Nathan's voice? I couldn't resist clarifying. His presence drowned Nathan and everyone around me. Then, suddenly, a flash of sadness appears on his face before he scowled at us.

I opened my mouth to say something but the flash of the camera weren't on him anymore. It was on me. I scampered to the back of Nathan, crumpling his coat by gathering the cloth in my hands. He sensed my discomfort, announcing, "Please go away," he plead.

A voice asked, "What do you feel Mrs. Ashfield? Are you both getting a divorce?"

"Please go away," I whispered on Nathan's back, closing my eyes. The shine of the camera lights were making me sick and dizzy and my limbs were shaking more than normal.