Six Days (Bickslow x Reader)

--XBrokenOnTheInsideX and I thought of a really sad Bickslow fic so here it is--

He'd fallen in love...again. Even though he vowed to himself never again - not after the fifth one. 

He would be careful with Y/N. He would make sure that they would be safe, he wanted them to be safe - even if it broke the relationship. 

He was on his way to Y/N's house. He needed to do this - even if it shattered his heart into a million pieces. It was better than the blame. He kept his head down as he made his way through the bustling streets of Magnolia. He occasionally glanced up and immediately wished he didn't. He saw all of the happy couples that were smiling together, holding hands and laughing together. Some even had kids. 

Oh, how he wanted that with Y/N.

He never took his mask off - even when they started dating. He couldn't do that again. He couldn't hurt Y/N. You questioned it at first but soon grew to accept it. When he was ready, he would take it off and you would finally see what he looked like. He knew your face so well, it was as clear as a photograph in his head. He knew how your eyes sparkled when you were planning something, how they shone when you were happy, how they creased when you were sad. He knew your smile, how it would lift everyone's mood, especially his, even if he didn't show it. 

He stopped in front of your door and took a long sigh before knocking on the door. You opened it in a matter of seconds and gave him a big hug. You could see that something was off about him so you sat him down on the sofa while you made him a hot drink. 

You sat next to him after handing him his drink. He seemed to shuffle away from you.

"Bickslow?" You said, he turned his head but you didn't know if his eyes were on yours. "What's wrong?" 

He sighed again, "look, Y/N. I don't want you to get hurt by me." 

You let out a shaky laugh, "how could you ever hurt me?" 

"My mask," he said. 

"And the reason you wear it," you said. Your smile had left your face.

"It's to protect you," he said. 

"I don't need protecting," you replied. 

He didn't answer you. You tried to see his face through the mask but you had no luck.

"I think we should break up," he finally said. 

"But..." you stuttered.

He put his drink down on the coffee table and walked to the door. You rushed after him.

"You can't just leave!" You yelled, blocking his way out.

"Y/N," he said sternly. Then his voice softened, "I'll see you at the Guild." 

Your mouth fell open and you tried to search for something to say. He gently moved you from the door way and went back out to the street. 

You ran after him. You ran in front of him. You yanked his mask of to finally get a gaze at him. You didn't care if the mask protected you. You didn't need protecting - or so you thought. 

You kissed him. You finally kissed him. He seemed shocked at first but then he started to kiss you back. Then he stiffened and pushed you away. 

"Y/N!" He shouted. He lunged for his mask but you moved out of the way. 

Your eyes locked together. 

"Y/N," he whispered softly. But you couldn't reply. 

"Y/N," he repeated, his voice getting louder. 

"Y/N! No! I love you!" He tried to reach out for you but he only caught the air in his fingers. 

"I love you," was all that you could say. 

You said those three magical words to him, but they weren't even yours. It was just a repeat of his. He froze. In front of him was another one of his babies - you. 

--Right. I found this one so difficult to write and it nearly made me cry :( The songs:  baby dont cry, friend please, let me know and gold really doesn't help. Thanks spotify--