Knight in Shining Armor (Mira x Knight!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: Daleketchup

Legends circled your town of a beautiful princess in the kingdom. A beautiful girl with a beautiful name: MiraJane. 

Of course you would go and serve at that very castle in a few weeks after you were done with training. You were going to be a knight so that you could serve your king and protect your country. 

The castle was big - no doubt about that. You had just been given your orders and you were still shocked with what they were. You were going to be a personal knight for princess Mira. 

Everything that you had heard about her was true. She was beautiful. Her white hair was pulled back into a braid that ran down her back and she wore a red dress that was adorned with jewels. She was always smiling and to be honest, you thought that she was the sun. 

She was always so polite to you that it was easy to become friends with her. Even easier to fall in love with her. 

You were wide awake when you heard the first cry. The castle was under attack and you had only one priority: save Mira. 

You raced to her room to find her huddled under her bed with her younger siblings. Checking that everything was clear, you helped them out and escorted them to safety. You all stood at the back of the castle, near the stables. The other knights were fighting and you were saving the royals. You didn't know where the king and queen were.

Mira was quiet and she stood as still as a stone in the night. You walked over to her and tried to talk but she never replied. Instead you did the only other thing you could think of, you pulled her into a hug to try and comfort her. You felt her hug you back and then a few seconds later she started to cry. 

"Thank you, Y/N, for everything that you've done for me and my family."