Favourites (Crossover AU) (Levy x Reader)

Walking through your apartment armed with a book to find your favourite character was something that you didn't expect.

  Sitting with your favourite character in a cafe was something that you didn't expect. 

Being a favourite character of your favourite character was something that confused you, but still didn't expect. 

Falling in love with your favourite character was something that you had dreamed of from day one, but had never expected it to be real.

Crash!  

"Ow!" Someone hissed, "where am I?"

Your eyes flung open. You hadn't been fully asleep yet, just in that delirious state between dreamland and reality. Were you still in that state? You held your breath and waited. 

There were some loud bangs as someone was moving through your house. 

"How did I get here?" They mumbled. 

You sighed internally, are they drunk? Either way, they were in your house. And possibly a murderer?

You grabbed a heavy book from your bedside table. It was a hardback and could do heavy damage if used properly. You rolled onto your feet from the bed. The wooden floor was cold against your feet but you didn't have time to put anything on. 

You stopped in your tracks. Why weren't you calling the police? You had seen enough horror movies to see where this was going. Bad idea, Y/N, get your phone. You glanced back to your bedside table to grab it but stopped. Ah... You had left it in the living room. Again. You mentally cursed yourself. You were the first to die in a horror film. Rest in peace me...

You slowly opened the door of your room and stepped out into the hall. The lights were off but you had done enough nights navigating your way through the darkness. Lights were bright and you didn't want to hurt your eyes from just getting a drink. You crept through the hallway and stopped when you felt something hit the wall. 

"Where am I?" They whispered.

They were getting closer to you. You started to edge away and back into the doorway of your room. 

Click...

They had found the light switch. Light illuminated the room and you covered your eyes, still holding the book. They did the same, the light was too intense. 

You blinked your eyes rapidly and then lowered your hands. 

"Why are you in my house!" You screamed at them. This was not the plan.

They whipped their head up and started to form a sentence but stopped, "Y/N?" 

How did they know your name? Who was this person? Then the puzzle pieces started to fit together. The blue hair and floral headband. The white shorts and blue waistcoat...

"Levy?" You whispered. 

Now on your sofa in the living room, you two stared at each other. Nothing was said for ages and the silence was deafening. 

"How do you know me?" Levy asked, shattering the silence. 

"You're Levy McGarden from the Fairy Tail Guild. You're my favourite character from the manga," you said. Definitely a dream...

"No. You're my favourite character from my favourite book. Y/N L/N," she said. 

You hummed, "well this is tricky." 

After that, everything was a blur. You can't remember why you didn't call the police on this strange cosplayer but you didn't and now 'Levy McGarden' was now sleeping on your sofa. Throughout the years of reading and keeping up with her story, you had grown attached to her. It was funny to say it out loud, fictional characters can't exist, even if you love them hard enough. 

A large part of you wanted to believe it. The fact that Levy was in your house filled you with glee but you knew the truth. Things like that can't happen. It was just a dream...

Then how come she was still there when you woke up the next morning? 

You couldn't exactly tell her to leave. Could you? As you stood in the doorway of the living room, dressed in nothing but a dressing gown and pondering over what to do, she woke up.

"Y/N?" She yawned. 

Ahh, so cute....

"Hungry?" You asked, bypassing the sofa and straight into the kitchen. 

"Hmm, oh yeah, if you don't mind," she said, rubbing her eyes. 

You weren't a fantastic cook so you just made her some cereal. That would be good enough, right? She thanked you and started to eat. 

"Still no idea how you got here?" You asked her. 

She shook her head, "nothing. I remember reading in bed and then waking up here." 

"You sleep in your normal clothes?" You chuckled. 

A slight blush crept to her cheeks, "okay fine! I was daydreaming." 

Daydreaming about you...aww

You went to get changed and came back to see Levy trying her best to wash everything up. 

"How about we go out and discuss if you really are Levy," you suggested. 

"You don't think I'm me?" She asked, hurt. 

"I'm still skeptical about the whole thing," you admitted. 

She nodded and left the house with you.

Levy never did go back to Fairy Tail after you two had decided that both of you were telling the truth. You never found out how she could go back anyway so that was out of the question. She ended up living with you and soon enough, you were married. It had been your dream ever since you fell in love with her character and now you had fallen in love with her in person. You had never known these things about her before; how she tucked her hair behind her ears while reading or how she hummed to a song that she loved. Oh how lucky you were...