My Little Shining Star (pt 2) (Sting x Reader)

Requested/Ideas by: ererixshipper469 

--Part 2 of the 'My Little Shining Star' fic--

"Sting!" You shouted, as you saw him enter the guild hall with Lector at his heels and Rogue following him with Frosch on his shoulders. 

Over the last few years of you being on earth, you had grown up with Sting. He had been patient with you and had taught you how to speak - this took longer than you had hoped and you had often got frustrated when you couldn't say something - and how to read. You were much better at reading and when you couldn't say something, you would write it out so that he could understand you. 

You had even met Lector with Sting and had joined the guild with him, meeting Rogue in the process. However, no matter how hard Sting taught you, no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't learn magic. You had managed to get a job at the guild by bar tending so you could stay with Sting. 

When he saw you, he smiled and waved - he even glowed light when he was happy. 

He sat in front of you and lent on the bar, looking up at you, "hey Little Star." He kept insisting to call you that even though he knew your real name. 

"Good job?" You asked.  

He nodded, "you coming with us on the next one?" 

You knew you could be of no use to them on jobs but you were still invited to tag along. Sting knew you loved the outside and the adventure so he often let you come along. It had been years since you first fell to this planet and you still couldn't get enough of new smells, feelings and sounds. Everything was still so exotic to you. 

"Yeah," you nodded. 

--Time Skip (look at me being lazy)--

"Y/N!" Sting shouted. You froze. He only shouted your name if things got dangerous. Looking behind you, a giant hand was swooping down fast but you jumped out of the way just in time. With your heart beating fast, you dived to the side, out of the way of the fighting. You would be a good distraction but what would be the point if you couldn't defend yourself afterwards? Rogue and Sting were giving it their all but soon they were swamped and you were slowly getting surrounded. 

Panic started to rise within you. You hated this feeling and hoped that it would never cloud your actions but it did. You did stupid things when you were panicking. You backed yourself into the trunk of a tree. A warm feeling started to rise within you, not the warm fuzzy kind. It was the warmth you felt every second when you were a Star. And the heat continued to rise. 

In the blink of an eye, everyone who had been crowding you were on the ground, groaning in pain. The heat had exploded outwards in a burst of energy hitting all of the enemies. As you collapsed to the ground, you saw Sting run towards you, concern plastered on his face. Rogue stayed back, giving Sting some space. 

"Little Star," Sting whispered, "Little Star, no!" 

Your eyes closed themselves and your breathing was shaky. Your body was now cooling off and you were glad to be rid of all that heat. 

"You can't do this to me. You're my Little Star," he whispered, holding you up since you couldn't support yourself. 

"I'm...not going...anywhere. You idiot," you breathed, hitting him with a limp arm. He let out a shaky laugh and seemed to grip you tighter. 

There was no point in leaving the earth at this point. You had seen too much and you still wanted to see more. You loved this world, just like you loved Sting. Love? Was that what you felt? Sting had described love as something fuzzy in your stomach whenever you saw that person and it never went away. He said it was lazy days, doing nothing but reminiscing about past memories. He said it was support for one and other. Did you...did you love Sting? 

"Sting," you said. 

"Mhm?" He asked, still trying to process the fact that you were still alive after what you just did.

"I feel...fuzzy," you muttered. 

You felt him move suddenly, "fuzzy?! What kind of fuzzy?! Little Star, tell me!" 

"Do you remember...?" You started, "when you told me what love was? It's that kind of fuzzy." It was hard to explain, but didn't Sting say that it was hard to explain? 

Love was the one emotion that you had never felt until now. Sure, you had fallen in love with the world but wasn't that different? Until now, you had thought that happiness was the best emotion but now you had changed your mind. 

He laughed lightly, "Little Star...my Little Star, I love you too." 

Your eyes were still closed but you could feel his light and warmth radiating from him and you could see his sunlight smile vividly in your head. You wanted to stay human forever...

--I was so tempted to turn this ending around and make it sad but then I decided not too because I've done way too many of those endings! So this one is better--