Incomplete Tattoos (Soulmate AU) (Rogue x Reader)

Requested by: ererixshipper469

Rogue's POV:

I've always had this tattoo of a small frog on my right wrist. It has big eyes and is covered in spots but it has always been blank. I don't even know how I got the tattoo and it was Frosch who pointed it out. It was adorable really, she got really excited about how I had a frog like her on my wrist forever. I don't mind it either, anything that Frosch likes, I like. 

But I always thought about why it was blank. Was it somehow incomplete? 

It was only at the Grand Magic Games that I understood why. 

I only overheard the end of their conversation in the bar that night but it was something about blank tattoos. I thought nothing of it, many people have tattoos that they don't want to fill in. I couldn't settle that night in bed. What was the rest of their conversation? I know I shouldn't pry, it isn't my business, but I was curious and I had no idea why. I had tried to shift my mind to the start of the games tomorrow but even in my dreams I still thought of it. Why was I so worked up about it?

A few days later, it was announced that I would be fighting Y/N L/N of a guild that I didn't know much about. It should be pretty easy to get a win but it's always a bad idea to underestimate an opponent, especially one you don't know that much about. 

A few days later, I was in the stadium, waiting for Y/N to arrive. The stands were filled with cheering citizens and other wizards supporting their guild. I saw Frosch already cheering for me even though I was just standing and waiting. There was a soft breeze which moved the hot air around and made some of my hair wave in the wind. The dust at my feet moved ever so slightly when the wind softly blew. I only hoped that this would be over soon, I don't want to burn today. 

"Y/N L/N everyone!" Was announced as I saw someone enter the pitch directly opposite me. 

They stared at me from the other side and I felt warmth surge through me. I gasped slightly at the sudden heat and pulled up my wrist to look at it. Colour was seeping into the tattoo. As if it was being dripped in, dots of colour spread to every corner finally lighting up the tattoo that had been incomplete for so long. Different shades of black and grey filled the little frog. But snippets of pink could be seen behind the dark shades - Frosche's favourite colour. I tore my eyes away from my wrist to look up. 

Y/N was doing the same thing, staring at their wrist, wide eyed as something happened to them. My whole arm was still shaking so I forced it to stay still while I saw Y/N force their arm back down. 

Then we fought. I did win in the end but the battle was a close one. Something felt different though. I wasn't fighting as best as I could have done. Maybe it was because of what happened earlier. 

I was stopped later on in the games while I was walking around the stadium. It was Y/N again. 

"You felt the same thing, right?" They asked me. Their hand was gripping the wrist that had changed during the games. 

I nodded. 

They lifted their wrist up, revealing their wrist. It was filled with reds, blues and greens that all merged together. 

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh, it's to do with my magic. I love magic more than anything. It's just so...magical," they said. 

I chuckled slightly. 

"You know what I mean," they huffed, "it's just. How boring would life be if there wasn't magic? What is your tattoo of?" 

I showed them my wrist with the frog. 

"That's really cool! You like frogs, huh?" They laughed. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"I like it. Frogs can be really cute and small but deadly at the same time. Is that why you really like frogs so much?" Y/N asked. 

"I never thought of it that way," I admitted, "but, no. I have a frog, Frosch is their name." 

"That's cute," Y/N beamed. 

I smiled and continued to talk until Sting found me and dragged me away. What was with them that made colour finally come to my tattoo? My tattoo was finally complete thanks to them.