Midnight Requests (Midnight x Reader)

Requested/Ideas by: ererixshipper469 

Midnight is only a small fraction of the night...

One minute in the hours of the dark...

But that one minute can be everything or nothing...

You were lost, yet again. You had been trying to get to a local town to stop off at an inn to rest. However, you were terrible with directions and no matter how you tried, you couldn't imagine that the forest you were in was a town in disguise. Sighing, you dumped your things down at the nearest tree and raked a hand through your hair. You slumped down beside your things and rested your head on the hard tree bark. You needed to stop walking at some point and since you couldn't see anymore in the dark, you decided that it was time to take a break. Eyelids heavy, they slowly closed themselves. 

You were jolted awake by a snapping twig. It was darker than it had been and now you could barely see a few feet in front of you. Instinctively, you jumped up, ready to fight. 

"I won't harm you," a voice like silk said. 

Trying, but failing, to look at where it was coming from you replied, "what will you do?" 

"What type of magic do you use?" They asked, getting closer to you. 

Your head turned, trying to pinpoint where they were. "I use creation magic. Useful in mechanics," you said, trying to stay calm. 

"Any use in fighting?" 

You hesitated, where were they going with this? "It can be." 

This time they paused. "Are you part of a guild?" 

"No." 

Midnight, his name was. He had told you while taking you to his guild because he said that they could use someone like you. You didn't know why you agreed to, you hardly knew him. But somewhere deep down, you just wanted to be a part of something. Never before had you been in a guild but now, you would become part of one and it filled you with glee. 

You were given the guild mark as soon as you joined and you couldn't stop smiling at it. They had given you various jobs over the next few days that involved your magic. 

During those tasks, you couldn't stop thinking about Midnight. He had given you the opportunity to join and he seemed like someone that you could talk to about anything, when he wasn't sleeping of course. Thinking back on your past, he was the only real friend that you'd had in ages. You couldn't stay for long in one place so you couldn't form any friendships. You were grateful for the guild that you now belonged to. 

"Midnight, huh?" Someone asked behind you, making you jump a little. 

You swiveled around from the contraption you were working on, "what do you mean?" 

Cobra smirked, "y'know what I mean." Without another word, he walked off, leaving you in confusion. 

What was that about? 

He had continued this strange routine for the next few weeks. You would be working on something and then he would make remarks about Midnight. It was like he knew what you were thinking. You shoved those thoughts out of your head, that was impossible. 

You heard footsteps approach you, knowing it was Cobra you quickly said, "if you say one more thing about Midnight I'll--" 

"You'll do what?" He asked, standing behind you. 

You were lost for words, you couldn't threaten anyone to save your life.

"Exactly," you could hear the sneer in his low voice, "that's because I know what you're thinking. And you have nothing." 

"Cobra, what are you doing?" You heard Midnight ask, walking up to the two of you. 

"Nothing," he said quickly. 

"Then why is Y/N going red?" He questioned. 

"Ask Y/N yourself," he replied, walking away. 

Something crossed Midnight's face but he quickly hid it. His eyes locked with yours, "get back to work. And stop thinking about me." 

You don't know why, but you felt your heart drop. Midnight understood what Cobra was on about and so he knew. He acted so cold towards you, unlike how he was in the forest a few weeks ago. He had welcomed you to the guild but now you were just like a slave to them. Only now you realized that you had only ever been working. You didn't get any time to relax. And what were you even building?! No one had ever told you! 

Dropping your hands and sheathing your magic, you sighed. Did you even like Midnight yourself? You didn't know. How you wanted to go back to that forest, find the town and continue your life without your guild. 

"I can arrange that," someone grinned behind your ear, "you've done all the work now." 

Of course it would be Cobra...

--I don't know if I should make a part 2 for this one or leave it here. What do you think?--