The Touch (Soulmate AU) (Ballroom AU) (Erza x Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: GameThe

--Whyyyyyy do I have so many ideas for Stingue and Fraxus Highschool AUs???--

Tonight was the night where you had to be on your best behavior. Meeting the royal family was something that not all nobles could say that they have done and you couldn't mess up. Your family was attending a ball that was being held. 

Everything was in order, your formal attire was perfect after being checked over numerous amount of times by the maids and your mother. You slipped on your shoes and waited for the carriage to take you to the palace. The princess was meant to be beautiful - but of course they always are. 

The palace was extravagant. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, illuminating the spacious rooms that were carpeted with the deepest shade of red. Your mother stared in awe at the beauty of it all. 

That was when you saw her. 

Her hand was delicately placed on the oak hand rail of the stairs while the other held up her black ball gown. Her scarlet hair was twisted and tied up to not obstruct her view, but a few strands fell loose. She had a small, sweet smile and she glided down the stairs. You were captivated with her grace. 

Music had began to play but you hardly noticed. 

She stopped in front of you and you were lost for words. 

She held out her hand to you, "may I have this dance?" 

"B-but I thought..." you stammered. Weren't you meant to ask her to dance? 

Her laugh buzzed around your ears, "don't worry. I won't hurt you." 

Her hand slipped into yours and it fit perfectly, like it was meant to go there. Warmth surged through you as your skin touched. Her eyes gleamed, as if she knew what would happen. She stepped closer to you and started to pull you around in a dance. 

"It is said," she started, spinning around, "that if two people touch and they feel a surge of power running through them, then they are connected. Their entire lives intertwined. And that the moment they touch, they know everything about the other person," she held her face close to yours, "so tell me Y/N, you really think I'm beautiful?" She blushed as she said the last part but never tore her eyes off yours. 

You didn't even tell her your name and she knew it. 

You grabbed her waist and spun her around with the music then you dipped her low, "well that just takes out all of the fun of me telling you myself."