Ice Prince (Royal AU) (Gray x Reader)

The night was cold and the sky was covered with a thick layer of clouds. It would rain in the morning, those weren't snow clouds. You snuggled deeper into the blankets that covered your bed. You had left the curtains open to gaze at the night sky. It might be overcast and horrible but every so often, the clouds would part and the stars would shine. 

You wondered if it would frost over in the mornings, on nights like this it usually did. But it would only last long enough until it melted. The frost always settled on your windows and make delicate, intricate patterns. You always wanted to stay up and watch them form, but you would always fall asleep. 

Was there someone who made it when you went to sleep? There was always the matter of Jack Frost - was he real? 

"Jack Frost," you muttered, already feeling a yawn forming as your eyes started to close. "Real?" 

"Fake," you heard a voice yell. Startled, your eyes snapped open to see someone sitting on your windowsill. His black hair tumbled over his face. He rested a hand on his knee that was pulled up, the other leg lay flat. He was wearing a white coat that was draped across him. 

"What?" You asked suddenly. You sunk deeper into the bed. 

"Jack Frost," he said, "an obvious fake." He jumped off your windowsill and walked over to your bed. "Now, Gray Fullbuster, however. He's real." 

"Uhh, what?" 

"The Ice Prince," he said. He leaned forward, close to your face, "now, if you want to believe in anyone, believe in him." 

You felt your cheeks flush a furious shade of red at how close he was. 

He moved some hair out of your face, "get some sleep. I can promise that the frost will be ten times prettier tomorrow." 

You yawned once more and fell into a deep sleep. When you woke up, it was just as he had promised; the frost was ten times prettier than it usually is.