Cursed (Immortal!Bickslow x Reader)

--Hoooo lorde I just thought of another Bickslow ideas so if you cried at the last really sad one...I'm sorry. I have no idea if this is sadder but, hey, let's see--

Bickslow was a wanderer, never once staying in the same place. He just found the whole thing boring, he wanted a life of adventure, one full of travels and tales. He never got enough of all the sights he saw and every few years, he would go to revisit them. 

The years came and went and Bickslow never got tired of his solitary life. He had been cursed when he was younger but he couldn't understand what the curse did. As far as he was concerned, he wasn't cursed at all, just blessed and all he had to do was wear a metal mask! What more could he wish for? He couldn't die and he got everything that he wanted. 

But...that all changed. This is the tale of his curse:

He had lost track of how old he was at least a few hundred years ago, but then again, Bickslow didn't understand the concept of time. What use was time to him if he could defy it and live forever? The landmarks stuck in his head like glue but all the faces of people by were just a blur. He wasn't going to form any attachments to them so what was the real use in remembering them?

But someone stuck in his head.

And only then he started to realize his curse. 

He first saw them lounging by the side at a fountain. It was a hot day so they were tracing the water with their fingertips to cool off slightly. Many other people were crowded around the fountain too so Bickslow could never understand why they stood out so much. Maybe it was their smile? Even though they were alone it shone as brightly as the sun. Maybe it was the sun shining off their hair? Their h/c hair captivated him. Maybe it was their eyes? Bickslow could never tear his eyes off theirs. 

He strolled down to the fountain, it was one of his favourites so he always visited often, and sat near them. He preferred to go at night when the moon reflected off the water but today he decided to visit in the day. Bickslow never fully understood his curse or why he even decided to visit at that certain time. But the more he thinks back, the more he understands. It was all fate, strung together to torture him. 

A conversation between the two of them was quickly formed. They kept laughing at his bad jokes which filled Bickslow with something else. Something new. Warmth? He had always felt that outside in the sun but this was something different. 

Over the next few weeks, Bickslow had returned to that same spot to continue talking with Y/N. Over that time, he hadn't moved on to a different place like he normally would. He had grown closer to Y/N more than anyone else before. They had noticed that he kept shuffling closer and closer each time that they met. 

And of course, on one time they met up, Bickslow had kissed Y/N. He had been warned to keep his mask covering his eyes at all time, so he did, never once letting Y/N see his eyes. 

He was falling in love. 

Bickslow stayed in the same place over the course of the passing years. He stayed with Y/N as they grew older. They kept insisting that they were losing their looks with each passing day but Bickslow refused. Ever since he met them, their beauty had been burned into his memory and that was all he saw. 

He knew that it was getting harder for Y/N to walk and to breathe so he wanted to make one last night special. Their life was coming to a close but his wasn't going to end. 

Back at the fountain, where they first met, the moon shone across the water, making it shimmer in the light whenever it moved. Two wine glasses were placed on the side of the fountain and just in front of it lay a blanket with an old fashioned picnic basket.

Y/N laughed when they saw it, "a picnic? At night?" 

Bickslow smiled and nodded, leading them down to the fountain and helping them sit on the blanket. 

The conversation was mainly about old times and the fun times they had together but Bickslow quickly became unsettled. By now, he hated the curse. He only wanted to become mortal and grow old with Y/N. 

"So," Y/N said, "why haven't I ever seen your face? You always keep it hidden. Don't you think it's about time I got to see it before I go?" 

Bickslow chucked nervously. Should he? Shouldn't he? It's Y/N's last request...

With shaky hands, Bickslow reached up to his mask and pulled it off his head. Purple hair covered his head and he didn't look a day over twenty. Y/N smiled, they knew Bickslow was hiding something even though he never mentioned it. He was immortal, that's why tonight was so special. 

But then their face started to droop. Bickslow watched in horror as Y/N started to fall. He grabbed their head, his fingers lacing through their hair, and stared into their eyes, forcing them to stare back. He wanted to be there for them when they had to pass, clearly now was that time. 

Y/N gulped in breath as if given a new life and smiled up at Bickslow. He sighed in relief and closed his eyes in the process. But when he opened them again to look down at the person he had fallen for, all he saw was something wooden and small, floating in his hands. 

This was his curse...

--I don't know how it was so leave comments and that! I only realize now that it sounds a bit like Zeref's curse...ummm--