The Music to Life (Singer!Gray x Singer!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: Luna_Stormbluster

How did you ever get so lucky? Singing next to your best friend and life partner, Gray, was more that you could ever wish for. It was funny to think about how you got into that position. 

You had always loved performing on stage - the cheering crowd, the rush of the performance, the thrill of it all. It was no wonder that you quickly became famous with all of the songs that you have written. You were a perfect idol for many people and they all loved you. 

Except one. 

Gray, the rival back then. He never held a good reason to hate you, he just did. At first you were confused as to why he felt like this but then you quickly learned that it was just the music business. Things like that happened all the time. 

This never stopped you from listening to his music though. You admired him and you loved the lyrics that he wrote - the emotion weaved into each and every song and the passion that accompanied them when he sang. But it was only when listening to his latest single that it all clicked into place like a puzzle. 

You passed him the next day and you gave him a knowing look, thinking that he would catch on. As talented as he is, he is also intelligent and as soon as you sent him that look, his face paled. 

Later that same day, he approached you. His cheeks were burning red and he couldn't find the right words to confess. You found this amusing since he could always find the right words when writing a song. 

"Look, I like you okay!" He finally said, crossing out his idea of trying to word it perfectly. "I thought it would mess everything up if we became a couple but every time I see you, I just can't get the thought that we would look great together out of my head. So, Y/N? Please?" 

You couldn't imagine that he would be so fluffy inside. Of course you had your answer straight away, you couldn't hold it back. 

The music company that you both worked for loved it. They had millions of ideas for you two but the only thing that mattered to the both of you was performing the songs that you had written together.