5

"You're my understudy? Sweet!"

Y/N smiled awkwardly as you were introduced to Jasmine Cephas Jones, such a beauty that your gaydars went screeching. You weren't gay but damn.

"Yeah, I can't wait!", you said and watched as Jasmine then yelled "Renée, Pippa, get over here we have a new sister!"

"Ooh who is it?", someone curiously asked and seconds later you were surrounded by not just two, but by four other women.

"I'm Y/N Onaodowan, Oak's sister," you said and smiled a little. "That's why you looked so familiar!", a blonde woman said and grinned at you "The name's Betsy, nice to meet you!"

"Y/N, that's our fellow sister Phillipa Soo, aka Eliza and that beside her is Renée Goldsberry, our Angelica. I don't know where Lexi or Mandy are but they'll probably show up soon. And that beside Betsy is Carleigh. You'll meet everyone later at the whole run through but for now that's that," Jasmine said and smiled at you.

"It's nice to meet you all," you smiled. "You'll see later how everything goes, just join in whenever you feel like you can do it. We're doing the first act today and the second tomorrow, since we'll repeat a few songs when Lin thinks we messed something up," Jasmine then continued.

"A little birdy told me that we finally have an understudy for Jazzy," a new voice then said and the group was joined by...

Floof.

"That would be me," you said and looked up at him shortly, before turning your gaze to the girls again.

Daveed ruffled your hair and said "Can't wait to hear ya." Off he went.

You stare after him, a little wide eyed. Nobody dared to touch your hair, nor were they allowed, except Oak. "Daveed!", you then called after him, making him turn around and say "Yeah?" "Touch my hair again and I'll cut your fingers off."

The seriousness in your voice made Daveed freeze and Oak, who had just come out of his dressing room, laugh.

"Aye Daveed, rule number one with my sister, don't touch her hair unless she allows you. I'm so far the only one allowed," Oak said and grinned, ruffling your hair.

You only frowned at Oak before turning back to the girls and saying "When will we start?"

"In half an hour or so, Lin said he still had a few things to do before we can finally start," Phillipa said, making you nod. Jasmine then took your hand and began to pull you towards the stage "You need to take a look around, it's awesome!"

So you did. The stage looked amazing and the side of the audience made you a little anxious. Because, if you ever were to perform, so many people would be watching you. Maybe they would be disappointed because they expected Jasmine but you had to do her parts. Maybe they wouldn't like you.

An arm slung around your shoulder and you looked up to see Oak. "Don't worry, lil' bug, no matter what'll happen someday, they'll love ya," he said, earning a howl from somewhere in the back "Listen up everyone, Oak's being encouraging!"

Laughter echoed around the stage and you joined in. Oak rolled his eyes and said "You'll have to get used to these guys, I think that's worse."

Protests were shouted and someone tried to tackle Oak. You only stepped back and laughed.

You'll definitely have a great time here.