46

"I hate you," you mumbled to Daveed as you now sat down at your table after your dance.

Daveed chuckled and said "I love you, too."

As everyone began to settle down again, Jasmine stood up from her seat and had a glass in her hand.

"Alright, alright, that's what I'm talking about!", Anthony all of a sudden called and a couple of laughters tunes up here and there. You and Daveed looked at each other at the same time, as if to ask the other 'Did you plan this?'

"Now, everyone, give it up for the maid of honor, Jasmine Cephas Jones!", Anthony called and you lost it when Jasmine actually sang "A toast to the groom!"

Daveed lost it when someone of the guys yelled "To the groom!"

"Okay, sorry, I think the Dear Diggs song was enough Hamilton for today," Jasmine said with a small laugh, to which Lin yelled "You can never have enough Hamilton!" The people present laughed.

"Anyways, Y/N, You are my favorite girl and I'm so proud of where you are right now and even though we had a bumpy start together with our jobs, I'm still glad that everything turned out the way it did," Jasmine began and you smiled brightly at her, leaning into Daveed a little.

"I guess a 'Thank you, Lin' is appropriate here too, because I believe that, if he hadn't casted you, Y/N, you and Daveed wouldn't have ended up where you are now. So, thank you, Lin, for making this gorgeous couple happen," Jasmine continued and you all laughed. Daveed presses a kiss to the top of your head.

"So, thanks to our matchmaker Lin, we now get to look at our favorite Hamilton couple, finally married. Who knows, maybe Maria Reynolds and Thomas Jefferson also had an affair, or Peggy Schuyler and Lafayette. Who knows? I don't." Another round of laughter.

"So, Y/N, I love you girl, congratulations. Next up we have Daveed," Jasmine let out a deep sigh and pursed her lips, as if she were thinking of what to say.

"Daveed, you're cool and you are the man for Y/N. But! If you break her heart then I will break every single bone in your body," Jasmine smiled, followed by Daveed saying "Nothing goes over being threatened at your own wedding by the people close to you."

You giggled and looked up at him "Aww, come on, I'll protect you." Daveed smiled down at you and replied "Isn't that what I should be doing?" "You're complaining about getting threatened, so I assume you're a little busy," you grinned cheekily.

"Now, dear Y/N and Daveed, I wish you both the best of luck for the future and I hope you make me godmother of your beautiful children," Jasmine said.

"And, dear people, as I have heard it is also the duty of the maid of honor to embarrass the bride on her wedding day."

Your eyes widened and you stared at Jasmine with a look that just said 'I dare you'.

Jasmine smiled devilishly innocent and turned towards a screen – when did that get there? – and motioned for Anthony to turn on the projector.

"May I introduce you all to Y/N's so very secret auditioning audio, in courtesy of Okieriete," Jasmine said and the blank screen was now accompanied by barely audible movements and then a voice yell-singing "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIDE!"

You blushed in embarrassment and hid your face in Daveeds shoulder, to which he laughed.

Oh boy would this be a long night.