21

Time flew by. But something seemed off today.

You and Daveed went to the theatre in partner look today, you both wore your onesies – the one you bought for his birthday – and walked hand in hand. You had decided you'd head to Starbucks before you'd head to the theatre.

As you entered Starbucks, a few of the costumers gave you weird glances. You ordered a normal coffee while Daveed got something stronger. You'd stayed up very late last night, talking and so on, and you slept till ten or so when you were woken up by your phone ringing and Lin saying you had to come in earlier for an emergency meeting.

As you and Daveed then headed towards the theatre, with your coffees in your hands, you met Anthony and Jasmine halfway. The two laughed at you and Daveed as they noticed you were wearing the same things.

"Hold up you two, let me get a picture!", Jasmine said and grinned, quickly pulling her phone out of her pocket and snapping a picture of you two, before she began tapping away on the screen.

Seconds later your phone as well as Daveeds tweeted and you groaned, already having an idea of what just happened. Pulling out your phone, you saw that Jazz tagged you in a tweet.

"Jazz did you have to that?", you asked and yawned, putting your phone away.

Jazz only grinned and grabbed Anthony's hand, before she continued to walk towards the theatre, you and Daveed trailing behind.

When you entered the theatre, you realized you and Janthony were the last to arrive. You headed to the stage and sat on the edge. Daveed jumped onto the stage and sat behind you, so you could lean against him.

"So, now that everyone's here, I've got amazing news," Lin began and then excitedly said "August 6th!"

"What's so special about my birthday?", you drily asked, making half the cast laugh. You felt Daveed chuckle.

"We're moving to the Richard Rodgers Theatre!", Lin said and almost began jumping around in joy. Your eyes widened and someone asked "Were going to Broadway?"

When Lin nodded, everyone began to cheer. After it all calmed down, you heard Jazz say "Hey Y/N, I want you to take over my parts on that day."

You stared at Jazz with disbelief in your eyes "Wait what?" She grinned and replied "My birthday present for you. Sing on the Broadway premiere date."

"What? Jazz, no, I can't accept that, that's your time to shine, not mine!", you said and Jasmine shook her head "I don't accept a no. My present is your time to shine. Now say yes or I'll find a way that gives you no other choice but to sing then!"

You sighed and stared at the coffee cup in your hands, before you said "Okay, fine. But I o-" "No you don't, it's a birthday present, you don't owe me anything!", Jasmine interrupted before you could finish.

"My baby's gonna premiere on Broadway!", Daveed whispered into your ear and you could hear the smile in his voice.

Oak jumped up "Let's celebrate!"

"Let's play the show first!", Lin yelled back.