34

"Sing to me," you whispered as you leaned against Daveed, your eyes closed, his hand running through your hair in a calming matter.

You just outlived another panic attack — this time you didn't even know why. And over all of the time you spent with Daveed, you realized his voice was unbelievably relaxing to you.

You heard Daveed hum in agreement.

Seconds later, Daveed began to sing "Rubber Duckie, you're the one. You make bath time lots of fun. Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you. Voh-do-do-de-o."

You giggled at this. Daveed knew this always lifted your mood, no matter how bad.

"Rubber Duckie, joy of joys. When I squeeze you, you make noise. Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true."

You nuzzled your face in his chest, inhaling his scent and hiding your giggles, as you didn't want to throw Daveed off of his performance.

"I got my Rubber Duckie. I'm in the tub with bubblies. He isn't very fuzzy. I know my Duckie loves me. Call up my homie, Ernie. The orange one, you heard me. Yeah he is the best, and I'm on a quest, to get him in here early."

You bit back a comment when he said Ernie was his homie. Most of the time you would ask him if Rafael wasn't his homie anymore, then he would start laughing and hit you with a pillow. Or something else that was fluffy.

"I need that Duckie with me. I'll have a bath time, it's a gonna be iffy, if I don't see him man I won't be nifty. Oh I'm just feeling dirty, so I guess I'm getting wordy. Where's that duckie man? I need him here right now, squeeze him now, you heard me."

When Daveed made a 'squeak' noise you finally didn't hold back your giggles anymore and laughed full heartedly. Daveed laughed along with you and kissed the top of your head.

"You are honestly too precious for this world, too precious for me," Daveed whispered, cuddling you close. 

"I know. I love you," you smiled and looked up at him. Daveed smiled back and replied "I love you more."

(The turtle Laurens x reader story is out, its called Ignited and I guess you'll find it right away on my profile, it's my third story that I published on this account. Hope to see some of y'all there. cheers - Lexi )