18

Daveed took you to a restaurant. Not too fancy and not too casual. After you were led to your table, Daveed pulled out your chair for you, before sitting down himself.

The waiter lit the candle between you two and then handed you two the menu, before leaving you.

"You chose quite a good venue for this," you smiled at him before glancing at the menu, but then froze and quickly looked up at him again "Don't you dare!"

Daveed already had a grin on his lips and you knew what he wanted to say, which he then did "As you can see, I arranged the venue, not the menu, and the seating."

You groaned and rolled your eyes, Daveed laughing at your reaction, soon enough making you laugh as well. Damn him for being so contagious.

"Sorry darlin', but you just gave me the opportunity," Daveed said with a chuckle and you noticed how he slipped into his southern accent he's been working on for Thomas Jefferson the past couple of weeks.

"Say that again," you said, trying to hold back a smile as he repeated those same words, looking at you confused. You tried harder not to fall into a giggling fit.

"Again," you said, and he began to speak once more, but then paused as he seemed to realize that he slipped into accent. He stared at you with a look that said 'You've got to be kidding me' as you broke into a fit of giggles, hiding behind the menu as you tried to find something good to eat.

Soon the waiter came and took your orders, before leaving the two of you to yourselves again.

"Lin wants to head to a recording studio soon to get the songs on tape. Meaning no rehearsals," Daveed said and you grinned "Yes! I get to sleep in!"

Daveed pouted at that and you chuckled "Get that frown off your face, it doesn't fit you." Daveed moved no muscle to do so, so in the end you decided to do something to change that.

You gently pushed the candle to the side and stood a little, leaning over the table towards Daveed. Your faces were getting closer and your lips only inches apart. Daveed had already closed his eyes and you noticed his pout turn into a grin.

And so you sat back down and shoved the candle back to where it stood before. Daveed opened his eyes, clearly confused as to what happened, because nothing happened.

He glanced at you with a frown, as you sat there opposite of him and smiled like the innocent angle you were. Then he sighed and said "That was mean." "But I got that pout to disappear," you replied and stuck your tongue out at him.

When your food arrived, you immediately dug in. And you were immediately in love. Daveed watched you in amusement as you seemed to inhale your food as you were done with most of it before Daveed even reached half of it.

"Either you're hungry or it tastes good," Daveed stated and you blushed slightly out of embarrassment. You let yourself go like that without even noticing.

"Don't worry darlin', I don't mind it," Daveed smiled and winked at you, making blush even more.

When both of you were done, Daveed insisted, ignoring your protests, that he'd pay. On the way home you talked about all sorts of stuff, until the drive sadly had to end in front of Oaks and your apartment.

"I had a great time," you said as you turned to Daveed and smiled. He smiled back and pushed a strand of your hair behind your ear, before he laid his hand on your cheek and began to caress your cheekbone with his thumb.

"So did I," he replied and slowly began to lean forward. You began to follow his example and your lips were about to connect, when your phone rang.

You both jumped and you quickly yanked your phone out of your pocket, seeing Oak's caller ID on the screen. You groaned in annoyance and Daveed took the decision from you, taking your phone from you and holding out of your reach, before he leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours lovingly, having silenced your phone.

Nobody would ruin your moment now. Nobody.