26

It was like, 9:30 pm or so. After your walk and talk outside with Daveed and without Soccer, who was depressed afterwards because you left for a walk without him – which was about an hour prior to this – you had gone inside your apartment and greeted the sad dog. Before you had the chance to relax on the couch, Soccer laying on your stomach and your head laying in Daveeds lap, Lin called in an emergency meeting.

You had decided to take that opportunity to change into more comfortable clothes, aka sweatpants and a oversized shirt. You've stored quite a lot of your clothes at Daveeds place. Half your closet practically. So you snatched a sweater of Daveed which was far too big on you. But hey, it's comfortable.

The car ride was silent, but mostly because you ended up half asleep and didn't know if they talked or not. After arriving at the theater, you were too tired to get up and walk by yourself.

And so Daveed gave you a piggy back ride inside. Some of the cast was already gathered on the stage. They greeted you with either waves or "Hi"s.

Daveed gently sat you down on your feet before he sat down in a chair and pulled you into his lap. You leaned against him and yawned softly.

"Close your eyes darling. I'll wake you as soon as everyone's here," Daveed whispered and gently ran a hand over your hair. You smiled softly, cuddling closer to him and hiding your face in the crook of his neck, mumbling a "Thank you."

You closed your eyes and slowly began to drift off. After what felt like five minutes, even though it's been twenty, Daveed gently shook you awake.

The only movement you made was remove your face from the crook of his neck so you could look at the others and opened your eyes.

"Thank you all for coming, sorry for the short notice at this late time. If you haven't heard already, Jasmine got sick, not being able to show up for rehearsals the next week or so," Lin began. Thayne interrupted with a frown "Okay, but that's what we've got Y/N for, right? What's the big deal?"

"We were supposed to record the album the next few days, if you've forgotten that," Betsy said and Thaynes eyes widened "Oh sugar honey ice tea."

"Anyways, the thing is, we only have tomorrow and the day after for recording. And I've called them and spoke to them about this. Either we roll along with this and have Y/N fill in for Jazz, or we'll have to wait half a year till we can record again in that studio cuz they're completely booked till next March."

"Well then I think Y/N should just fill in, that wouldn't be such a big deal, right?", Jon Rua asked, a few of the others agreeing with him.

"There would be a problem though...", Lin spoke up, making you lift your head and ask "What is it?"

Lin remained silent for a moment, as if he was trying to find the right words to say this, until he finally spoke up.

Let's just say, hell broke loose.