25

"Anthony what's wrong?", you asked concerned and beside you Daveed frowned. Anthony had just called and the tone in his voice told you you were not going to like whatever he had to say.

"Jazz got sick. Like, bad sick, voice gone sick," Anthony said and your eyes widened "Is she okay?"

"Well, kinda okay considering the situation. The problem is, we were supposed to head out tomorrow and the day after to record the album. Jazz can't possibly sing."

Your eyes were as big as saucers by now "No, Anthony please tell me you're joking. You can't be serious?" "I am. We need to talk to Lin. But if we can't change the date, you'll have to fill in," Anthony said, giving you a short moment to let it sink in, before he said "I'm gonna call Lin. I guess we'll discuss this in the group chat anyways."

Short goodbyes followed and then Anthony hung up. Your hand dropped into your lap and you looked over at Daveed, eyes still wide.

"What's wrong sweetheart?", Daveed asked, a worried tone in his voice.

"Jasmine got sick and her voice is gone. If we can't change the recording dates, I might have to fill in for Jazz," you say and looked away, worry beginning to cloud your thoughts.

Daveed laid his hands on your cheeks and gently turned your face towards him. "Whatever will happen, we can do it, okay? You can do it. Everyone will stand behind you. Everyone will support you. No matter what. I bet even Jazz will support you if you really have to take her spot."

"But what if I have to take her place and Jazz doesn't want that to happen? What if she'll hate me for it?", you asked and felt your heartbeat pick up a lil speed. You were anxious.

"She wouldn't hate you. You're like sisters. Who would hate their sister because of that?", Daveed asked and you sighed "Maybe you have a point..."

Daveed smiled softly and leaned forward, leaning his forehead against yours "Don't worry darling. Whatever it is, we'll get through it together, okay?"

You nodded and then managed a small smile, making Daveed smile even broader. "You look so gorgeous when you smile, love," he said, to which you blushed but nevertheless smiled.

"Now, maybe we should get inside because Soccer is waiting for us to come back home," Daveed then said and you laughed softly. Soccer was the cutest dog you've ever met and he already loved you as if you were his mom.

You made motion to move towards the front door, but Daveed pulled you back into his arms for a soft and loving kiss.

Now you wanted to stay here forever. But you knew you couldn't.