54

"Daveed no."

"Daveed yes."

"Daveed no."

"Okay."

You sigh in relief.

"Daveed yes."

"DAMN IT."

You hear Daveed laugh from the other end of the line and you groan in frustration. Karen only giggled as she sat there and took a sip from her drink.

You, Karen, Ari and Emmy were having a girls night at Emmy's and you sat in the living room with Karen. Ari and Emmy were in the kitchen and getting some snacks, Karen stayed in the living room with you and you had an 'existential crisis' on the phone considering your husband.

"Come on Y/N, please?", Daveed asked and you sighed "Daveed, no, you will not buy that taco for our baby." "But Y/N, it'll look so cute in it!"

Karen only giggled and watched you as you stared at your phone in distress. It was on speaker, Karen had insisted, after she had seen the picture Daveed had sent you.

 It was on speaker, Karen had insisted, after she had seen the picture Daveed had sent you

"Daveed, I love you, but I don't want our baby to wear a taco."

"Not even on Halloween?"

"Not even on Halloween."

You knew Daveed was pouting, which explained the silence coming from his side.

Then your phone vibrated in your hand and Daveed said "What about that one?"

You frowned at Karen who only grinned back at you. In the meanwhile, Ari and Emmy had joined you in the living room.

You took a look at the picture Daveed had just sent you, handed it over to Karen and curled up into a ball. What did you do to get a husband like him?

Karen was yelling in laughter and almost spilled her drink. Ari tried her best to not burst into laughter after seeing the picture and Emmy nearly fell over with laughter.

"Hey Diggs, I'm not sure but I think you just broke your wife," Emmy said after a while, still giggling slightly

"I don't know if she's crying or laughing right now," Ari adds with a giggle.

Karen still hadn't recovered. By now, Ari had taken her drink from her and had set it on the table and just a few seconds after that, Karen fell over the back of the couch, still laughing.

"Hey Emmy, taco or hot dog?", Daveed asked and Emmy snickered "Taco. What do you say, Ari?"

"Maybe we should get a doctor because I think Karen and Y/N are dying."

Daveed started laughing now, too.

"I love you, Y/N!", he called.

You only groaned in frustration, to which he simply laughed even more.

my birthday present to you: a stupidly (hopefully) funny short chapter