68

sorry for these long ass breaks in between lol I love you all and don't worry I didn't forget you. been working on my Thayne x Reader story more lately (go check it out it's called Stick To The Stuff You Know)

When you got home, Daveed was sitting in the living room with Rafael and little June.

Rafael was tickling June's feet and her joyous laughter warmed your heart. What a precious gem that you call your daughter.

You drop the keys on the kitchen counter, Soccer already running around your feet and wagging his tail happily.

At the sound of the keys, Daveed looked up at you and smiled "Hey wifey."

You couldn't help the giggle, his words definitely lighting up your face with a smile, even though all he had said was 'Hey wifey.'

You walk over to the three and give Daveed a kiss "Hey hubby." You lean down and give little June a kiss on the forehead and mumbled a "Hello darling," before you stood straight again and raised a brow at Rafael "I doubt you want a kiss as a greeting."

"Actually, I do," Rafael turned his head a little and tapped his cheek with a finger, which made you and Daveed laugh. You pushed Rafael over, resulting in him laughing as well. Then you turned to Daveed and said "Baby, can we talk?"

The smile on his face was replaced with a frown and he nodded "Yeah, sure."

He motioned to get up but Rafael was faster, taking June with him as he said "You have your talk, I'm taking my sweet godchild on a walk, so I can secretly teach her some nasty things to get on your nerves!"

You and Daveed laugh and are once again reminded what a horrible idea it had been to make Jasmine and Rafael the godparents of your daughter.

And just like that, Rafael and June were out of the house.

You sat down beside Daveed and watched him for a couple of seconds, before averting your gaze to your hands, biting on your lower lip a little to try and cease your nervousness.

Daveed took your hands in his and frowned softly "Baby what's wrong?"

When you looked up again, Daveed face was contorted with worry and inwardly it broke your heart.

"The doctor gave me some good and some bad news...", you began. Daveed squeezes your hands tightly, as if to tell you to go on.

"The good news we're that my stomach and any other organ in that area is totally fine, nothings hurt or something like that."

"Well that's good, isn't it?", Daveed mumbled, but seemed to realize that the bad news were yet to come.

"I apparently have this issue called Syringomyelia. There's a cyst in my spine that's the cause for that pain. It can grow over time and destroy my spinal cord as it goes and eventually I could end up paralyzed.

"It can be treated, but for that I'd need to find a doctor that specializes in this certain issue who can then tell me if it's worth to risk a surgery or not."

Daveed hands left yours and came to your face to wipe away the tears.

Wow, now you're crying. The realization of it made the tears flow even faster.

"Baby, no, come 'ere," Daveed whispered and pulled you into his chest, careful when his arms came around your back. And so you say there, crying into his chest, while Daveed started to whisper some nonsense to get you to calm down and to cheer you up.

"Don't worry baby, we'll be alright, you'll be alright. We'll find that doctor, get that surgery and continue living a happy life. We'll be fine baby. We'll be fine."

We'll be fine...