72

Oak paced up and down the hall, anxiety filling his step. 

She couldn't do this to him.

"Oak, please sit down," Jasmine carefully spoke up, but Oak didn't listen. As soon as he got the clearance to enter that room, his brother in law won't see daylight ever again.

"Come on man, sit down," Anthony now tries, still to no avail.

And then, the door finally opens.

"How is he?", Jasmine is the first to jump up to greet the doctor, who carefully closes the door behind him.

"Who are you?", he asks politely and Jasmine immediately shoots back "I'm his daughter's godmother, how is Daveed?"

The doctor thinks for a few seconds, before saying "He's awake and okay. He broke his arm though, nothing too severe. He's got a lot of luck."

"To hell with his luck," Oak growls and pushes past the doctor, practically slamming open the door to Daveed's hospital room and prowling towards the man.

Daveed jumps at the sudden noise and freezes when Oak stands before him, grabbing his collar and growling "If something happens to her, I will kill you."

Memories of what occurred fly back into Daveed's mind and his eyes glaze over with tears "How is she?"

"Don't act like you care, you asshole, if she dies, its all your fault!"

"Oak, calm down!", Anthony tries to drag the tall man from Daveed, trying desperately to part them before Daveed comes to more harm than he already has.

"I'm sorry, I-" "Spare me your apologies!", Oak yells, interrupting Daveed mid-sentence.

"Oak, come on, Rafael should be here with June any second now," Jasmine stands before Oak and tries to push him out of the room.

"If she dies, I will send you to hell, Diggs, I swear on my life, I will send you to hell!", Oak spits, barely but finally letting himself get pushed out of his brother in law's hospital room.

Daveed only stares at the door in silence, incapable of forming any words. All he knows is that this wasn't his fault.

Was it?