20

It's the 24th of January and it's Daveeds birthday. With the help of his brother Malcolm, you got into his apartment early in the morning.

You had the most non-special present ever. You knew he had a special love for onesies so you got him a blue one. You owned the same, but had it at home so it wouldn't foreshadow what you had for him.

You and Malcolm were in Daveeds kitchen, it was around five in the morning, which was actually dead-time-bed-time for you, and you were as quiet as you could while you tried to bake a birthday cake for him.

When it was done around six, it ended up falling apart, so you had two birthday cakes. One half had "Hap Birth Dave" written on it and the other half had "py day ed". It's beautiful, really, a masterpiece.

"Okay, you get Rafael in here and I'll go get the birthday boy," you whispered and Malcolm nodded, already on his way. Rafael Casal, Daveeds best friend, said he'd join them later on and before he could ring the doorbell, Malcolm offered to run down and catch him.

You made your way to Daveeds bedroom, quietly opening the door. There was the sleeping beauty, laying on his back, the covers half thrown off the bed. The sight made you chuckle.

You headed over to him, sitting down in the edge of the bed and leaning over. You decided to give him a kiss to wake up to.

You succeeded, Daveed slowly opened his eyes and kissed back, before you pulled away and whispered "Good morning, love."

Daveed chuckled and said "I could get used to this." You grinned as he said that. You've stayed at his place sometimes, sometimes he at yours. And whenever you spent a night together, you'd wake up the other who was still asleep with a kiss.

"Happy birthday, Floof," you said and he smiled at you "Thanks babe. How did you get in here though?" You chuckled and only replied "Get dressed."

You intended to get up, but instead, Daveed pulled you back down and into his arms. So now you laid there and he cuddled close to you and whined "It's early, I don't wanna get up."

You sighed and replied "C'mon love, you gotta get up though. There's a surprise waiting for you in the kitchen." Daveed picked his head up so he could look at your face and he frowned "What is it?"

"Well, for that, you'd have to let me go, get up and get dressed. I mean, I wouldn't mind you running around shirtless but I don't think that's appropriate right now."

And so he finally let you go and got up, throwing some clothes on. You then grabbed a shirt and folded it a little so you could cover his eyes. You couldn't reach around from behind him to cover his eyes with your hands, so this had to do.

Daveed groaned in annoyance when you covered his eyes and asked "Is this really necessary?" You nodded and said "Yes it is." Then you took his hands and started to lead him towards the kitchen.

You were greeted by Malcolm and Rafael, the latter mouthing a 'Hi'. As a joke, you turned Daveed to face a wall before you stepped back and said "Okay, you can take it off.

Daveed took his blindfold off and you just knew he was frowning, before he turned around and frowned toward you, which quickly turned into a surprised look, followed by a big smile and a "Raf!"

He and Rafael hugged, before he hugged his brother, both of them congratulating them. Then he hugged you and asked "So I guess Malcolm let you in." You giggled and nodded "Yup! Now, let me introduce you to the biggest disappointment you'll ever know."

That said, you showed him the cake. He looked at it for a moment in silence before he began laughing and asked "Since when are you here?" "Blow out the candles!", you instead replied and he shook his head, laughing "Yes ma'am!"

Later, after everyone had a slice of the disappointment – it tasted really good though – it was time for Daveed to open up his presents. He randomly chose, yours ending up first, even though you knew that he knew that this was your present.

The way it was neatly packed with a gift wrap that he'd already seen from Oak at Christmas. He knew Oak must've wrapped this present, because you were a natural disaster at wrapping gifts.

Daveed ripped the paper off and stood up, holding up the onesie and began to laugh. "I love this one!" He sat back down and rolled the onesie into a bundle, before he leaned over to you and kissed you lovingly. "Thank you, babe," he smiled and you smiled back "You're welcome."