69

Telling your brother is hard. But it's something you've got to do.

And so you're chilling with Oak at his apartment and talk about random nonsense, until you finally pick up the courage to talk about what you originally planned to address.

And, being you and being with Oak, you don't know how to approach the subject at hand, so you just straight out say "I might become paralyzed."

Oak's smile drops from his lips and he frowns at you "What do you mean, you might become paralyzed?"

"I was at the doctor's a couple of days back. I had stomach pain, I think Daveed told you. Anyways, turns out I've got a cyst in my spine thats gonna bind me to a wheelchair if it isn't removable."

Oak gives you a blank stare, processing what you've just said. You can practically see his brain working.

Finally Oak scratches his neck and murmurs "Fuck..."

You huff a laugh "Yeah, fuck."

Oak looks at you in silence for a moment, before he asks "How did Daveed react?"

"He was shocked. And he had to comfort me, because I was a crying and emotional mess, but that's beside the point."

You sigh and lean back in your armchair, your feet propped on the coffee table before you.

"I feel like life just loves to fuck me," you say and Oak frowns at you once more, to which you quickly explain "I found Daveed, we married, I retired from the OBC because of pregnancy - all is good, I ain't complaining 'bout that. But then, I return to Broadway and injure myself almost right away; no more performing for now.

"Now, I barely returned to performing and a doctor tells me I'll probably end up paralyzed within the following years of my life, basically telling me off from pursuing my dream career on broadway."

You rub your temples and sigh in annoyance "If I angered some musical god or something, please tell me and I'll try to undo it. But come on, I managed to pursue my dream and now? Now I can just retire early at age twenty something and become anti-social because nobody of my friends has time for me."

"Whatever you have, is it treatable?", Oak asks and you nod, to which he then says "Then get your ass to a doctor, get that treated and strut onstage like you own the fucking place."

You laugh and roll your eyes, Oak grinning along.

"You're ridiculous."

"Get your ass back out onstage. You ain't getting paralyzed on my watch."

"I love you Oak, you know that?"

"Yeah I know."

so, I've got a little something for the BTS fans who maybe found themselves here.

I published a story titled Tear // Min Yoongi in honor of their new album and just wanted to let you know it's out there. So, tell your friends if they like BTS they could find new trash on my page.

Outro: Tear is my favorite song and makes me emotional as fuck so prepare for my story (titled after this song) to be emotional as fuck as well. Actually, you might need to pack some tissues for that ride as we go along.

Anyways yeah bye tELL YOUR FRENS