60

"Our sweet little June," Daveed whispered.

He sat a little closer to you and you leaned against him, holding June close to your chest.

You smiled brightly as June stared at you and Daveed, her tiny hands searching for something to grab.

You held your finger out for her tiny hands to grab and the cuteness of her actually doing it, or at least trying to, made you even more emotional than you already were.

It wasn't long until the first visitor arrived.

A tired but excited looking Oak peeked through the door and smiled when his gaze found you, Daveed and your daughter.

He held something behind his back as he tiptoed into the room, not sure if June was sleeping or not.

"Oak, may I introduce you to June Alisha Diggs. June, this is your uncle, Oak," you softly spoke and watched as Oak placed the thing he had held in his hands on the bed – it was a teddy bear – and then reached out to June, wanting to hold her.

Daveed gently took her from your arms and set her into Oak's arms, who cooed at the small child he now held.

"I must say, you did a pretty good job with this young lady," Oak said with a grin and you and Daveed chuckled.

"Hello there little princess," Oak said in a childish voice "I'm your uncle Oak and I'm gonna teach you all the stupid things you need to know to get on your parents's nerves!" He tickled her softly, making the small child squeal in laughter.

You seriously were beginning to think that you would melt away. June was simply too cute.

A yawn escaped your lips before you could even hold it back. Daveed chuckled softly and said "I think you should get some rest, love."

"No, I'm totally fine," you began, but Daveed shook his head and replied "No. Sleep. Oak and I will take care of June. You need to rest. Okay?"

You sighed, too tired to fight "Okay."

Daveed smiled and moved more to the edge so you could lay down properly. He ran a hand through your hair and then whispered "I love you Mrs Diggs."

You smiled back "I love you Mr Diggs."

And it did not take you long to fall asleep.