6

You and Oak sit back to back on stage, in between the rest of the cast. You were doing a run through of the songs and after Lin let them all sing The Schuyler Sisters for the second time, he decided to change things up a bit.

"I wanna hear Y/N, from the top!", Lin called and the music started playing before you could even open your mouth to protest.

Behind you, Oak chuckles, you can feel the vibrations of it at least.

"There's nothing rich folks love more, than going downtown and slummin' it with the poor," Leslie begins somewhere to the right of the stage.

You inwardly freak out. You only heard this song twice, so you had every reason to freak out. You were scared you'd mess this up. Could you even get as low as Jasmines voice could?

"Angelica," Renée sang, followed by Phillipa "Eliza." No time to think!

"And Peggy!", you quickly shoot out, close to what Jasmine said. You could feel Oak chuckle again, so you turn slightly to slap his arm and hopefully shut him up with it.

The rest followed with "The Schuyler sisters!", even though Oak almost choked on his words as he was still chuckling.

"Angelica," "Peggy," "Eliza!" "Work!"

"Daddy said to be home by sundown!", you then began and once again turned around to slap your brother, who still couldn't stop chuckling.

"Daddy doesn't need to know," Renée answered and grinned slightly at your behavior – she sat a little ways opposite of you.

"Daddy said not to go downtown!", you said and tried to hide the grin that was slowly starting to tug at the corners of your lips. Why did Oak have to be so contagious?

"Like I said you're free to go!", Pippa sang and Renée continued on.

As Oak and Anthony decided to yell "She's looking for me!", you finally had enough of Oak and got up. You pushed Oak over slightly and then headed to the closest person, sitting behind them and leaning against their back. Your target this time being floof.

You had just randomly chosen, you didn't even look at who it was, as you had gotten quite comfortable around the cast really quick in the past few hours – it being the same the other way around.

Due to the warmth on stage, you had pulled your hair into a bun earlier, shortly after you started. So now you could feel Daveeds floof tickling your neck.

"There's nothing like summer in the city, someone in a rush next to someone lookin' pretty. Excuse me miss, I know it's not funny, but your perfume smells like your daddy's got money," Leslie began. At the 'perfume smells like your daddy's got money' part he wiggles his eyebrows and grinned at you, as you now sat there facing him.

You tried to stifle a laugh, hiding your face in your hands and trying to calm down quickly until it was your turn again.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal," you then sang along, barely managing to hold back the laughter from becoming obvious in your voice.

When Renée said "And when I meet Thomas Jefferson," you dramatically gasped along with the company, but really overly dramatic, a 'hand in front of your mouth and wide eyes' dramatically. A few who noticed had a hard time not to laugh.

When the song was over, Renée cheered "Go Y/N! Go Y/N! Go Y/N!" Only to be interrupted by Jasmine yelling "I dare you to take my spot as original cast Y/N!"

All of you laughed. Oak laughed even louder when you fell back as your support named Floof was suddenly gone. You were caught though by an arm around your waist.

Daveed pulled you into his side and quietly said "I don't wanna lean on ya, sweetie, don't wanna break ya."

You snorted and replied "Don't worry, you can't break me."

Keep those words in mind.