9

Lin would do your first Say No To This run through with you.

Before you did the song, you went through the basic things again. Then Jazzy helped go through the smaller intimate things she'd done, but said that you didn't have to do those exactly like she did. After that, you all got into position and Alex began to play the music.

"There's nothing like summer in the city," Leslie began and the stage began to move, you beginning to walk. Shortly after you pass Leslie, you stand still and then Lin begins with his part "I haven't slept for a week, I was weak, I was awake, you've never seen a bastard orphan more in need of a break."

How ironic that Eliza and Angelica begged him to take one just one song earlier.

"Longing for Angelica, missing my wife, that's when Miss Maria Reynolds walked into my life, she said," and with that, you turned around and towards Lin and began to sing "I know you are a man of honor, I'm so sorry to bother you at home, but I don't know where to go and I came here all alone."

Lin took a step towards you and said "She said." "My husband's doing me wrong, beating me, cheating me, mistreating me. Suddenly he's up and gone. I don't have the means to go on," you sing and walk towards him as Lin then continues with his words.

"I offer her a loan, I offer to walk her home, she said," Lin said. You stood beside him but didn't look at him as you sang "You're too kind, sir."

"I gave her thirty bucks that I had socked away, she lived a block away, she said," "This one's mine, sir." "Well I said, well I should head back home, she turned red, she led me to her bed, let her legs spread and said,"

You turned towards Lin and sang "Stay?" To your surprise, in this situation it sounded almost exactly like Jazzys. When you had done dry run throughs before, aka just singing, there was quite the difference. But now, you saw a slight hint of surprise in Lins eyes as he awkwardly said "Hey..."

"Hey?", you decided to smile a little, but in a 'I'll take you to bed with me' way, which made you suffer from a slow death of embarrassment on the inside.

As Lin began with the "Show me how to say no to this" part, you walked towards him, so close that barely a few inches were between you, before you turned away and walked away singing your "Whoah."

You walked halfway across the stage, Lin and the ensemble continuing with their parts, before it was your time to return to Lin to kiss him. You were shaking a little and prayed that it wasn't obvious.

You told yourself this wasn't bad. This wouldn't be a problem. You told yourself it was just a kiss and it wouldn't last too long. But that was a problem. It was not just a kiss, it was your first kiss. You had imagined your first kiss to be more romantic, like with the one you love in the rain, for example, as cliché as that may sound.

But this was acting, you could do this. You had to.

Though, when you stood in front of Lin, you couldn't take it anymore.

Anxiety ran over you like a truck. And you ran from your trigger. That trigger at the moment being Lin.