14

"Lin, could we talk?", you ask as soon as you spot him in the audience. Currently they were doing I Know Him and Lin sat with the rest of the cast in front of the stage and watched Jon perform.

Lin looked up at you in surprise and whisper yelled "Y/N! Sure, sure, let's go!" He got up and then walked towards the back with you, where you could talk in peace.

"I'm sorry for Oak interrupting your rehearsals like that yesterday," you begin, but Lin interrupted you by saying "Don't worry about that, I'm glad you're back! Daveed told me what happened exactly. I'm so sorry for putting such pressure on you already."

"No, no, it's fine!", you quickly say and smile awkwardly "I'm really sorry. That was totally immature what I did back then. I guess I should've told you. I hope I still have the part..." You mumbled the last part of the sentence.

"Of course you do! Y/N your voice is more than amazing and you're the perfect understudy for Jasmine. I wouldn't want to lose you. Just tell me whenever you're ready to do it and we can go as far as you're comfortable. I know that it's difficult, especially when you're not used to do such things. Don't worry, we can do this."

You let out a relieved sigh and say "Thank you, Lin!", then think a moment, before adding "If it's okay with you, could we go through the song after Jon is through with his?"

Lin nodded "Sure, of course! Do you want to go first or should I ask Jazz?"

"Could Jazzy go first? I'd like to see it one more time before I do it myself," you say and avert your gaze. You were getting nervous again. You hoped you'd be able to do it this time.

"Sure, let's get back!", Lin said and so you both headed back. As you headed to take a seat beside your brother, he instead got up and left somewhere. So you now had the opportunity to sit directly next to Daveed.

"Hey, what did he say?", Daveed quietly asked and turned to look at you. "He's totally okay with it and we're going through Say No To This after Groff's done," you said and smiled at him. Daveed grinned back at you and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you close and ruffling your hair.

"Hey, hey! Daveed, no! Stop it!", you whisper yelled and tried to shove him off of you, but he only chuckled menacingly.

"Okay lovebirds, your time's up. Daveed, let Y/N go so she can see how it's done!", Jasmine yelled and headed over, pulling you away from Daveed with the help of Anthony, who pulled Daveed away.

You blushed as Jasmine had called you lovebirds, half the cast laughing at that. You headed to the front and sat down there. Renée grinned at you as you sat beside her.

Jasmine grinned and winked at you, before she headed to the stage and joined Lin and the rest of the cast that took part in Say No To This.

Let's hope this goes as planned. Or rather as hoped.