59

What's better than waking up in the middle of the night because of pain in your abdomen and something wet trickling down your legs and onto the mattress?

You were confused, sure, but the pain and the wetness told you everything you needed to know.

You turned over to Daveed and shook him "Daveed."

Daveed only grumbled in return and buried his face further into his pillow.

"Daveed I think the bean is ready to leave the oven."

Daveed didn't move.

"Your child is about to be born."

Still no move.

Finally you sighed and tugged at his ear so hard, he groaned and lifted his head "Oww...why?"

"Daveed Diggs, your child wants to leave."

Daveed looked up at you with a tired frown, obviously confused.

"I will murder you if you don't get me to the hospital right now. Or I'll just give birth to our child right here."

Realization slowly started to sink in and his eyes widened, his mouth forming an 'o'. Then, just as a contraction hit you, Daveed jumped up and ran out of the room.

Seconds later he came running back in, shoes on, shirt on, but no sweatpants. But you had a go-bag ready in the car with clothes for both of you, in case of needing to go to the hospital whenever. Daveed carefully picked you up and managed to carry you to the car – how, you had no idea.

You held back with the threats on the drive to the hospital, wanting to save them for later.

The next couple of hours went by in a blur. You had no idea how long you've been surviving this incredible amount of pain, but you were relieved when your cries of pain (and pushing) were carried on by the cry of your baby.

You slumped back against the bed, panting heavily. Daveed kept on caressing your hand, crouching on the ground beside your bed, so he was on eye level with you.

Daveed brushes a strand of your sweat slicked hair behind your ear and kissed the top of your head, whispering "You did it baby."

Daveed stood straight and headed to the nurses. They handed him your bundle of joy and told him something, but you were too tired to concentrate on what they were saying.

Daveed smiled brightly as he carried your child over to your side. You managed to push yourself up a little and watched as Daveed sat down on the edge beside you. You held your hands out to take your little bundle of joy and Daveed carefully set it into your arms.

You smiled as you cradle the baby close to your chest.

Daveed looked at you with tears in his eyes and a brighter smile than any you've seen before. You smiled back at him, the tears already rolling down your cheeks as you held your child in your arms.

Your baby...

final vote

girl

boy

you have until january 10th