24

When Daveed saw you, he almost forgot how to breathe because, you quite literally took his breath away.

"My god," Daveed said, staring at you with wide eyes. Jasmine had helped you a little with the makeup. You had warm eyeshadow on and red lipstick that matched your dress.

"Close your mouth you're about to catch flies," Oak said as he walked past them. They were all still in the theatre, getting ready for the Afterparty. Daveed was already waiting for you by the door.

You giggled at Oaks comment and watched as Daveed frowned at him, before turning his gaze back to you and saying "You look absolutely-"

"Hot and sexy?", Jasmine interrupted him with a grin and laughed at your flustered face from her comment. "Anthony, keep your girlfriend in check!", you called as soon as you saw him, to which he replied "If it only were as easy as it's said!"

All of you laughed. You finally walked over to Daveed and asked "You ready to go?" You had all decided you'd go separate, and Daveed had offered to take Anthony, Jasmine and Pippa with him in his car, and since you're all gathered here you could head out.

"Wait, where's Pippa?", you asked at the sudden realization that Pippa actually wasn't there with you. "She left with Renée," Jasmine answered.

"Okay, lets go then!", Daveed said and offered you his arm, which you gladly took and so you headed out to his car.

When you arrived at the destination, the way in was over a red carpet with Hamilton as the background.

You and Daveed walked the first few steps down the carpet together, holding hands, until he pulled you close with an arm around your waist for the photos. You smiled at countless of cameras, before you and Daveed parted for separate pictures as well as small interviews.

It didn't take you long to be beckoned over for the first interview.

"Miss Onaodowan, first off, happy birthday and congratulations on the successful opening night of Hamilton on Broadway!", a woman said and you smiled "Thank you!"

"How does it feel to finally premiere on Broadway?", she asked and you thought for a moment, before saying "It's actually hard to describe. The feeling is unbelievable. At the begin, there's so much pressure on you, but when you're done and there're hundreds of people applauding you, that feeling is indescribable."

"You did an amazing performance as Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds tonight. On the Off-Broadway version though the roll was played by Jasmine Cephas Jones. What provided the change for tonight?"

"Jasmine gave me the spotlight for tonight as a birthday present. I tried to deny it, since it's her role and her time to shine. She wouldn't budge. She's really stubborn, but she's a really great person and a great best friend," you smiled and let out a laugh as Jasmine yelled from somewhere "Thanks Y/N you too!"

"Do you think you'll take more shows in the future?"

"If you're inclining that I could take Jasmines spot as Original Cast then no. I don't think so. Jasmine worked so much harder for this, I just got in as an understudy through my brother. Jasmine has always done an amazing job and she always will. I won't take that away from her."

"Thank you, now, enjoy the night!", the reporter smiled and you smiled back "Thanks, you too!"

After a couple more interviews, you finally met up with Daveed at the end of the carpet. He smiled at you and said "They couldn't take their eyes off of you, baby."

"I know. It's hard to take your eyes off of a smokin' hot flame," you reply with a smirk and heard Lin "Ooooh" behind you, making you and Daveed laugh.

"Let's go enjoy this night, shall we?"