44

All eyes were on you.

You were led down the aisle by your father, everyone's eyes resting on you. A mildly nervous smile rested on your lips, your heart was racing. You prayed you wouldn't fall.

Daveed looked more fancy than you probably have ever seen him before, you only had eyes for him and he only had eyes for you as you got closer and closer, until you reached him and your father handed you over to Daveed.

Your hand was shaking a little as you took Daveeds. He smiled at you reassuringly and you saw tears shimmering in his eyes. Quickly he wiped one away, making you giggle softly.

"Dearest friends and family, today we have gathered to witness these lovely two people coming together where today to tie the knot," Jonathan began, a slight chuckle st the end of his sentence, making all of you laugh a little.

You and Daveed had asked Groffsauce if he would like to officiate your wedding and he happily agreed.

"These two are truly a lovely couple and I truly hope nobody is going to have anything against them marrying, otherwise speak up or don't. Although I doubt there is a reason why they shouldn't," Jon said, making you all laugh once more.

Jon continued on with the serious part, throwing in a joke here and there, until it was time for your vows.

"I, uh, actually wrote something down," Daveed said and chuckled softly, letting go of one of your hands to grab a piece of paper out of the inside pocket of his jacket.

"So, Y/N, no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot put it into words how much you mean to me. While we met on accident, you running into my dressing room and all, -" With a laugh you interrupted him "It was Oaks as well."

A laugh came from the crowd and Daveed continued with an even broader smile "While we met on accident, I started to think that it was faith over time. I'm not a big believer in faith and anything else like that, but I know that it could be nothing else when you look at us now."

You smiled broadly and quickly wiped a tear away, making Daveed let out a short laugh.

"You, Y/N, are the reason that Soccer still loves me. If I wouldn't marry you today he would probably ignore me for the rest of our lives," Daveed continued and now everyone laughed.

"No, but seriously. I can't think of anyone else by my side except for you, Y/N. You light up my world and I want to do everything I can to make you happy. I want to wake up next to you every day before you even consider returning out of your comatose state, just because I can't wait to see your beautiful smile in the morning. I want to dance around the apartment with you and want to sing at the top of our lungs, just because I love your angelic voice so much. And I want to tell you 'I love you' so many times until we both get sick of it, and even then I'll continue, just because I love you so much."

You reached a hand up and gently wiped his tears away, before wiping away your own. Both of you had smiles on your faces that nobody could wipe away.

"Now, since you decided to steal the show and beat me to the talking, I'll just have to think of something better," you spoke up with a laugh.

"Daveed, you are the greatest man I've ever come to know and I can't help but wonder every single day how I simply managed it. How did I manage to get my hands on you? How did I manage to keep you for myself? I have so many questions and not a single answer for them."

"I don't either," Daveed joked, making you all laugh again.

"I love you and Soccer more than anything in this world, you're my boys and I don't plan on having anyone snatch you away from me. Soccer is, like, our son, so as his mother I am obliged to take care for him and to love him and so on."

"So you're saying you're marrying me just because of Soccer?", Daveed jokingly asked, to which you replied with a laugh "Of course not! I just have to think of something to top yours because you said almost a third of the things I wanted to throw at you!"

Another laugh from everyone.

"Daveed I love you and that will never change, I promise you this," you finally smiled.

"Good, now that we have all of that said," Jon finally interrupted with a short laugh "I ask you, Daveed, do you take Y/N Onaodowan to your lawfully wedded wife and yada yada?"

Daveed chuckled and said "I do."

"Y/N, do you take Daveed Diggs to your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"That's great, I hereby pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now- oh never mind."

The reason why Jon interrupted himself mid-sentence was because Daveed had already pulled you close and kissed you passionately before Jon was even done speaking.