52

The only ones who knew you were coming to visit the Chicago cast and perform with them were Samantha, as she was Peggy/Maria herself, and Emmy.

They were the only ones who knew that you were seeing the show on that evening as well, before you would perform with them for the following week.

So the surprise was big when you headed backstage.

You grinned sheepishly as you entered the backstage area, pulling the attention of the first couple of people onto you. One of them was Ari, who gasped and then looked like she wanted to burst out into tears.

Emmy let out a squeal, which you joined into, just like Angelica and Eliza during Take A Break, and then she ran over to you, nearly tackling you in a hug. It's been about a year since you've last seen each other in person.

"It's so great to see you again!", Emmy said and you could hear the tears of joy as she spoke.

"Don't you even to start crying or I will," you threatened and you both began to laugh.

When Emmy let you go, you decided to greet the speechless Ari, who stood frozen to the ground just a few steps away.

You smiled at her and waved a little, hoping to pull her back into reality like that. Ari blushed slightly in embarrassment, after she had realized that she had spaced off.

"I'm Arianna!", she then said and smiled, not knowing whether she should hug you or shake your hand in greeting.

You hugged her and said "You were amazing tonight! I can't wait to work with you!"

When you pulled back, Ari looked even more shocked.

"You're going to work with us?", she asked "As in, perform with us on stage?"

You nodded and grinned at her "Sam and I had a long talk and since I've planned to visit you all here and she wanted to take a week off anyways, we decided we'd do this. The only ones involved in the plan were the crew and Emmy. Thought we'd surprise you, as in, the cast."

Ari looked close to fainting — as if a dream had just come true.

"Y/N!", you heard someone yell and turned towards Chris Lee, who had just entered the room.

You grinned even broader and opened your arms towards him "My favorite Youngling has arrived to greet me!"

Chris began to laugh, the others beginning to laugh seconds later as well. You and Chris hugged, before you then said "I must say, you were good. But my husband is better."

You winked at him while he chuckled and said "Guess I just can't compete with the original."

"Nope, not really," you giggled.

"Imagine how the crowd will react when they find out you're performing here!", Emmy bumped into the conversation.

"I'm glad if we all survive this week alive and in one piece," you said and laughed along with the others.

This would be an amazing week.

holy shit guys 41k reads. how did I deserve this?