51

"Daveed no."

"Daveed yes."

You threw your head back and sighed in frustration.

"Hey there little one, how are you? It's Papa Diggs, wondering how his little bean is doing," Daveed spoke in a childish voice, his forehead leaned against your stomach.

You had tried, really, but you had failed to refrain Daveed from talking to your barely minus six months old child that was growing in your stomach. But there he was, leaning his head against your stomach and talking.

"I hope Soccer has been keeping you warm enough. Sadly, Soccer won't be there to work as a tummy warmer for you for a week soon, as Mama Diggs has to go to Chicago and she can't take Soccer there with her. You see, Mama Diggs is going to perform on Broadway in Chicago for Hamilton as Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds," Daveed continued. It took you everything to not even start laughing. You knew that that was what he wanted.

"Although Papa Diggs is not going to be happy with Mama Diggs kissing other men, Papa's fine with it, because we're both actors and we're used to that," Daveed then said.

You cracked a smile and just hoped he didn't see it.

"But I hope you can live without tummy warmer Soccer. And I hope you can live a week without me, too," Daveed said and you could just hear the pout as he spoke. 

Finally you burst out laughing.

Daveed grinned and plopped down onto the couch beside you, pulling you into his lap by your waist and laughed at your surprised squeal.

You sighed and smiled softly as you leaned against Daveed.

"Will you be able to survive a week without me?", Daveed asked you and ran a hand through your hair.

You snorted and replied "Will you be able to survive a week without me?"

Daveed chuckled and kissed the top of your head "I'm not sure yet, but I have Soccer here to take care of me."

You looked up at him and raised an eyebrow "And exactly that is what worries me."

Daveed laughed softly, before smiling down at you lovingly and whispering "I can't wait to have you back." 

You grinned and shook your head chuckling "And I haven't even left yet."

Daveed only shrugged and said "Well, what can I say, I'm just very attached to the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. And who carries my child."

You sighed, still smiling, cuddling your head in the crook of his neck. "I love you, floof."

"I love you, too, baby. And please, don't overwork yourself. Think of the child and of yourself next week, okay?"

Jokingly, you saluted, not removing your head from the crook of his neck, and spoke "Yes, sir."

Daveed only laughed and nuzzled his face in your hair.