53

"Take Philip Schuyler, the man is loaded! Uh oh, but little does he know that his daughters Peggy, Angelica, Eliza, sneak into the city just to watch all the guys at-", Joshua began and the ensemble followed "Work work!"

Karen walked into stage "Angelica!"

"Work Work!"

Ari followed Karen, dragging you along into the stage "Eliza!"

Rather unwillingly you sang "And Peggy!"

The crowd went wild as soon as they realized that this wasn't Samantha performing, but you.

"The Schuyler Sisters!"

"Angelica," "Peggy," "Eliza," "Work!"

You pulled your arm out of Ari's grasp and said "Daddy said to be home by sundown!"

Karen smiled at you shortly, then turned her attention to the ensemble "Daddy doesn't need to know."

"Daddy said not to go downtown!", you said and crossed your arms in front of your chest, pouting.

Ari smiled and pinched your cheek slightly "Like I said, you're free to go!"

"But, look around, look around, the revolution's happening in New York!", Karen sang, you and Ari echoing "New York."

"Angelica, Work!"

-

"I know you are a man of honor, I'm so sorry to bother you at home, but I don't know where to go, and I came here all alone," you sang, your hands awkwardly folded in front of your body as you looked at Miguel.

"She said," Miguel said in direction of the crowd and then turned his attention to you.

"My husband's doing me wrong. Beating me, cheating me, mistreating me. Suddenly he's up and gone. I don't have the means to go on."

As Miguel continued with his part, you walked over to his side and looked at him when you sang "You're too kind, sir."

"I gave her thirty bucks that I had socked away, she lived a block away, she said," "This ones mine, sir," now you didn't look at him, only walked a couple of steps to the side and took a grip of the skirt of your dress, slowly pulling it up a little, before abruptly spinning around and saying "Stay?"

"Hey..."

"Hey?"

-

"So was your whole story a setup?", Miguel asked, the anger in his eyes not as startling as Lin's, but still startling.

"I don't know about any letter!", you cried, holding onto his hands, which he ripped away "Stop crying, god damn it, get up!"

"Please don't leave me with him helpless!", you pleaded, dropping your hands and clenching the fabric of your dress between them.

"Just give him what he wants and you can have me! Whatever you want, if you pay, you can stay!"

-

"Holy shit Y/N your voice just gave me chills!", Karen whisper-yelled as soon as you came backstage and grinned at you brightly.

You blushed, mildly embarrassed, and smiled "Thank you."

Emmy hugged you tight and said "This is what I missed listening to every night."

With a giggle you pushed her off and ushered her towards the stage.

-

"Who lives, who dies, who tells your story," you all sang, Ari's gasp breaking your heart just like she was breaking the fourth wall.

The audience burst into applause.

Well that was one hell of a 'Y/N Opening Night'.