8

It's been a couple of weeks now ever since rehearsals started getting more serious. As in, rehearsing choreographies and making costumes, serious.

You and Daveed had grown inseparable. You were best friends by now. Whenever he had to rehearse something where you weren't in, you'd sit in the audience area and whenever he'd look at you, you'd make a stupid face, trying to get him to mess up.

One time that was so bad, Lin had to shove you out of the room. But it was the same the other way around. Things got especially interesting when Lin decided to start with Say No To This.

When you had first heard the song, you were blown away by Jazzys vocal range. Like, the difference from the childlike tone she had with Peggy and then this sex-appeal tone in her voice for Maria was just wow. It made you envious.

What surprised you even more was that your own vocal range got close to hers in Say No To This when Maria begs for Alexander to stay. You remember Oak looking at you as if he'd seen a ghost. And you remember him saying "Since when can you sing like that?"

Today, Lin wanted to do Say No To This and everyone who was part of this scene had done the first couple of run throughs together, before it was just the original cast on the stage, getting ready for the run through.

Lin had explained to you, Jazzy and Javier what he had also planned in the beginning, but so far you hadn't done those yet. You had gone through the basic things, the more intimate things would just come 'naturally' as the song was being performed.

You sat in your designated audience seat, nervous as hell. You were curious as to what Jazzy and Lin would do, because whatever it was, you'd have to do that too later.

You'd never been intimate before. And, which is the most embarrassing probably, as a twenty-five year old woman, you still didn't have your first kiss. People liked to avoid you when you were in school, as you had always kept to yourself. Social anxiety had been a bitch to you.

The thought of Lin or Javier being your first kiss made you anxious as hell. Both were your idols, having seen both in In The Heights, but this...damn. You weren't sure if you could do this. But this was acting. Acting had its sacrifices.

Watching from the audience, you pulled your knees to your chest. Your gaze was fixed to the stage, your stomach making hundreds of backflips per second. You began tapping your fingers on your knees. A nervous tick of yours.

A hand on top of your hands stopped you and you didn't need to pull your gaze away from the stage to know that it was Daveed. As you continued to watch, you slowly began to calm down.

Daveed took one of your hands in his and squeezed it gently, reassuring you that you could do this. You were grateful to have him.

When you saw how far Jazzy was willing to go with the "Yes" part at the end, you thought you'd faint. No no no no no, you could definitely say no to that!

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?", you mumbled, your eyebrows furrowed slightly. You felt Daveeds thumb brush over the back of your hand as he noticed you tensing up and he continued with that motion until you relaxed again.

You couldn't do this.

Could you?