23

As soon as you set foot into the Richard Rodgers Theatre, you yelled "Leslie, my man, where you at?"

You heard laughter come from somewhere in the back, so you headed there. There you found Leslie, as expected.

You threw your hands in the air and yelled "Leslie!" He followed your example, also throwing his hands in the air and yelling "Y/N!" Then you both hugged each other and said "Happy birthday!"

Leslie was like a brother and you both felt like you had this special connection, mostly because you shared the same birthdate, ignoring the few years in between.

A lot of congratulations later, showtime got closer and you were heading into your dressing room which you shared with Pippa and Renée. Jasmine helped you out with the makeup and straightened your dress a little, before hugging you tight and wishing you good luck. With that, she rushed out of the room, probably to find her boyfriend.

You were anxious. This was the Broadway opening night and you were supposed to play Jasmines parts, even though she was perfectly fine. This was her birthday present to you. You couldn't mess this up.

You were in the back, waiting for your signal to start. Daveed had his arms wrapped around you and had pulled you close to him. He was nervous himself, everyone was, but he tried his best to calm you, as he knew how easily you got anxious.

Soon it was time and Daveed kissed you one last time, before he headed to his spot.

The show was great. Everything went as perfect as it could and after Stay Alive you could rest, since the next song you came back for was Say No To This.

You were in your dressing room and got changed into your Maria costume, getting your makeup done fast, before you headed into the room the cast hung out in when they didn't need to perform.

Currently, That Would Be Enough was on, so Daveed was in that room as well. When he saw you, he whistled and grinned at you "Why hello there, gorgeous."

You smirked and said "Hey there handsome." Daveed walked over and wanted to kiss you, but Renée and Oak pulled you two away from each other. "Sorry lovebirds, but Lafayette has to get ready," Oak said and began to drag Daveed out of the room.

"I love you Floof!", you softly called after him and he grinned back at you "Love ya too babe." Off he was.

You occupied the couch and laid down, closing your eyes to relax a little. During intermission, you noticed a shadow blocking the light. Opening your eyes, Daveed was leaning over you and whispered "Damn it I wanted to wake the sleeping beauty with a kiss."

You laughed and leaned up to him, kissing him lovingly. Daveed pulled you up and to your feet, wrapping his arms around your waist, deepening the kiss. You heard hollering from someone you recognized as Thayne.

After a few moments you had to part so Daveed could go and get ready as Jefferson.

And the rest of the show was a total success.