11: Ashley

Status: Edited

JADE'S POV:

I woke up to the cute chirps of birdies outside of my window. I sat up and checked my news feeds, which consisted of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat. To be honest, I don't really like Snapchat, but hey, I guess I have a social life.

I trudged out of bed and brushed my teeth, took a shower and changed my clothes in half an hour. I will not give up anything for long showers.

I dressed up in white denim shorts, a frilly, pale and pink tank-top, along with my mismatched socks that were neon pink and green. I threw my hair into a messy ponytail and applied the minimal amount of makeup which was a winged eyeliner and mascara, waterproof of course! I applied my Baby Lips and popped my lips. I smiled at my reflection and skipped out of my room. I checked my iPhone, that was in my back pocket, for the time.

12:33 pm

"Shit!" I whisper-yelled. It's noon already! Well, I guess it's time for brunch! Thank God the boys are off work for now!

I skipped down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I greeted, grabbing an apple.

"More like good afternoon, sleepy head!" Sophia replied. I smiled an innocent smile at her.

Everyone, as in Liam, Niall, Harry, Eleanor, Louis and Zayn said greetings. Ashley just sat there staring at me, very scarily.

I smiled and grabbed a croissant along with a muffin and a mug of milk. I sat down at the table and started eating my croissant.

"Have a good sleep?" asked Zayn.

I breathed out. "Yes, it was beautiful..." He looked at me strangely.

"Okay..." He replied, laughing a bit. I smiled.

"Oh, she probably didn't sleep that well! I mean, she usually sleeps with guys to bring herself peace." Ashley commented.

I choked on the milk that I was drinking. Wait... what?!

"Excuse me?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of her.

By now everyone had tuned into our conversation. They all held awkward and shocked looks. I am so embarrassed.

"I mean, like, sleeping with guys is your drug." She spoke, shrugging her shoulders. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes.

"Ashley, I think you should apologize." Niall said, barely above a whisper.

"No, it's the truth, babe. Why should I deny reality?" She added.

The atmosphere was tense and awkward. The air seemed thicker, like fog, and I felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest, in front of a crowd.

ELEANOR'S P.O.V:

I sat there shocked. What the fuck is wrong with Ashley?! Poor Jade is always nice to her and I know that she's not a slut. Ashley is her best friend for Gods sake!

"Oh now she's gonna play the game 'I'm innocent! I'm gonna cry now'." Ashley put air quotations around the words.

Jade's lip trembled and tears were brimming her eyes.

"Normally, I would argue with the person who calls me a slut. B-but y-you're my b-best friend. I can't b-believe you." She stammered. Tears rolled freely down her cheeks. She pushed her plate away and ran out of the room.

Ashley had a smug look. Everyone turned to her.

"What?" she asked innocently.

I couldn't take it anymore.