32: The Phone Call

Chapter 31: The Phone Call

JADE'S POV:

The next few days, I was curled up in a ball on the dirty floor. The blood was all dried up now and tear stains adorned my face. My hair was all ratty and I felt disgusting, considering what had almost happened and just that I haven't taken a shower for quite long.

Ever since Ryan invaded my privacy, he hasn't shown up in my room. I'd rather be alone than be with him. He makes me want to disappear.

I hate him. I hate Ryan.

I spoke too soon as the door swung open. Ryan stumbled in and I could tell that he wasn't drunk; he was completely sober. Behind him, Ashley stalked in, her 6-inch heels clicked loudly against the cement.

What did Niall ever see in her? I thought to myself. But then again, she was a pretty good actor. She tricked me into thinking that she was my friend all along, so I don't blame Niall.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Ashley spoke up.

"Do you want to make the call now?" she asked Ryan.

"I think it's a better idea if she calls before. That way, we won't have anything pending and I could get right to work," he said lowly.

I didn't particularly like the way he said 'work'. Shivers ran down my spine as I felt the room become hotter.

"Okay, I'll be outside," she said before she glanced at me and walked out of the small room.

"Hey, baby. Just you and I now," he said as he advanced towards me.

"I've been waiting for so long. I've been wanting you ever since you were gone. And guess what now I have you." he stated as he grabbed the collar of my jacket and pulled me up so that I was standing.

"And today is the day, baby. Today, I get you all to myself. And when I'm done with you," he motioned across his neck with one finger. "Then, goodbye to you."

He came really close. I felt his hot breath fan my breath as I turned my head away from him.

"Please, kill me. At least I won't face to see your ugly-ass face!" I spat, happy with my words.

He stopped coming close all of a sudden. "Oh, I see you haven't learnt your lesson yet," he cocked his head to the side before sick laughter escaped from his mouth as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"But, I'm not as cruel as you think I am, baby. I will give you one phone call. You can call anyone except for the police." he spoke quickly as my heart started racing at the fact that I get to talk to someone other than these two lunatics.

"You will have two minutes to say your final words. Make it quick," he barked before sliding my white iPhone into my hand.

I smiled as Ryan walked away but was still in the room. I quickly unlocked my iPhone and tapped the phone icon. The keypad popped up as I stared at it.

Who should I call?

I punched in the first number that I could remember and hit call. I pressed the cellphone to my ear and waited anxiously. The phone rang about three times until a long beep. I sighed and pulled back the phone. I hit redial again and held the phone to my ear as Ryan stalked over so that he was extremely close to me.

The phone rang once before I heard a voice on the other end. The same voice that I've been yearning to hear.

"Hello?" he spoke with a deep rumble in his voice.

"H-Harry?!" I breathed out as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Jade?! Where are you? Are you okay? Who took you?" he asked me all at once as tears started to stream down my face shamelessly.