71: Panic Attack

JADE'S POV:

I looked around. Confusion engulfed me as I only saw darkness. I took a deep breath of cold air; the air burned my throat with its awe-striking and crisp coolness. The air smelt of cigarettes and metal.

I felt my eyes with my rather cold fingers, feeling a fabric laid out on top of them. I gasped and tried to pry off the dark-coloured material. My breathing hitched in my throat and a sixth sense told me to run.

I don't know what ignited the fire within me, the reason to run. I believed my instincts and started running. Trying to pry off the tight material from my eyes, I kept running.

I ran and ran, until I gasped for air and my lungs screamed for a rest. I doubled over and sucked in a deep breath. My hands flopped down to my sides as I gave up on getting rid of the material.

My conscious was telling me to keep going. I had to run. I need to get away. From what? I don't know.

I stood back up, seemingly crying now. I tried to scream, yet no sound left my mouth. I cried into the fabric that was holding my eyes hostage.

Just then, I felt it. The warm sweep of air that swooped past my ear. The steady pace of heavy breathing. It was right by me and I was petrified. If I move, I die.

Just then, a rather sharp metal pressed to my neck. It was slick yet cunning; dangerous yet deceiving. I couldn't move, not that I would've anyways.

Just then, I heard it. That voice, that same menacing voice that's been haunting me. I felt my body shudder because of the sound.

"Hey baby," was all he said, before the knife pierced into my skin. I let out a shrill scream.

•••••

I felt someone shaking me as I tried to gain consciousness. I opened my eyes and immediately, my hands flew up to my neck.

The room was dark as Harry cupped my cheek in one hand, while his eyes frantically searched mine. He suddenly sat up in bed, the covers were all bundled up at his waist and his bare torso was visible.

"Jade, baby, are you alright?" Harry spoke with an urgency.

I sat up and felt myself tremble. The familiar cool liquid slid down my cheeks as the dream replayed in my head. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Harry, I-I," my voice cracked and I broke into embarrassing sobs while burying my face in my hands.

"Shh, baby girl." Harry whispered, wrapping me in a tight hug.

I shut my eyes against his chest and continued to sob. The dream had felt so real. It was an eerily familiar feeling. The feeling that I was dreading so fucking badly.

Harry ran his hand through my hair, while pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Shh, baby. Don't cry." Harry cooed softly, holding me close to him. He pulled me into his lap, so that my legs were on his right side.

I nodded, while burying my face into his warm neck. My tears ended up sprawling against his bare and buff shoulder. His other hand rubbed my back in a soothing motion, making me relax into him.

He gently kissed my cheek as I took a deep breath. My breathing was erratic and uncontrollable.

Harry pulled back from me and grabbed my hand in his. He placed it on his bare chest.

"I want you to breath with me, baby. Deep breaths, okay?" Harry cooed softly. His other hand moved hair out of my face when I nodded.

Harry breathed in, his hand was still cupping mine. I mirrored his actions and tried to match my breathing with his. He breathed out softly, and so did I.

He was clearly still worried and I was still on edge. Harry repeated the actions and so did I. Slowly, I regained my calmness.

"Are you alright now?" He asked, squeezing my hand.

I shakily nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" He whispered.

Actually, yeah. I do want to tell him. I need to get it off of my chest.

"Yeah," I spoke, my voice was scratchy. "It was horrible."

He hugged me tightly. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I want to, Harry." I spoke.

I explained the dream to him, pulling back from his shoulder about halfway through my explanation. He nodded understanding and when I told him about the knife, his eyes widened.

"And t-then I heard it." I whispered. "Harry, he said 'Hey baby' and then I felt the knife s-stab me." I was trembling once again as my tears starts up again.

"Shh, baby. I need you to tell me who it was." Harry spoke, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"R-Ryan." I spoke, silently crying again.

He smiled sympathetically at me. He sighed and held my hands while gently kissing me on my cheek.

"I want you to know that I'm always here. He won't come back, he's in jail. And trust me, he's going to be there for a long time." Harry told me all at once, squeezing my cold hands.

I nodded as he wiped my tears with his thumbs. "You're beautiful. Smile, baby." Was what he said, immediately making me crack a smile.

He smiled too and I felt good. But I was curious.

"Harry, how'd you know I was having a nightmare?" I asked quietly.

He sighed and looked at me. "You were crying in your sleep. And you kept mumbling and you were breathing very fast."

I nodded and looked down to my lap. "I'm sorry. I've never had a panic attack before."

He pushed my face up gently by my chin. "It's alright. That's what I'm here for right?" He smiled softly. "Plus, Gemma used to have panic attacks when we were younger."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

He nodded. "Really."

I sighed and leaned forward. I placed a light kiss on his lips and shut my eyes.

"Let's sleep." I spoke. I craned my neck over and looked at the digital clock. It's two in the morning.

"Yeah, let's sleep." He agreed softly.

We laid down in bed and Harry held me close to him. I rested my head against his chest and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He kissed the top of my head once again and buried his face in my neck.

"I love you." I stated quietly.

He hummed. "I love you too. I'm always here, okay? I want you to remember that."

I nodded against his chest.

"Go to sleep, okay?" He spoke.

"Alright." I replied.

"G'night, Princess."

"Good night, Harry."

Soon enough, I felt Harry's breathing even out. He was sleeping once again. But as much as I wanted to believe his words, I couldn't.

Something bad is going to happen. I just know it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Heyyyyy. Okay so please vote/comment! Please please please hit that star button! I really need some votes.

AND THANK Y'ALL FOR THE AMOUNT OF READS ON THIS BOOK. I REALLY DIDN'T EXPECT TO GET SO FAR ON IT. THANK YOU.

~Maya. Xox