39: Going To An Interview

Chapter 38: Going To An Interview

I slipped on my earring as I was drowned in my own thoughts. Harry and I are going to an interview, only us two. We're going to give the paparazzi some information to soothe their neediness. To be honest, I'm quite nervous.

Speaking of Harry and I, we've told our crew and close friends about our new relationship. They were extremely happy, Louis claiming that he knew that this was going to happen.

Eleanor and Sophia were squealing with joy. But, they were sobbing when I first called them, same with Lou. They were really worried about me. This just makes me love them more!

"Hi Jade," I heard Niall's Irish accent bring me out of my thoughts.

I slipped on my other earring before turning away from the mirror. "Hi Niall," I greeted as he walked into Harry and I's bedroom.

He walked over to the bed and sat down on the neat sheets. His hair was disheveled and prominent bags lagged under his eyes. He's been feeling horrible ever since Ashley has revealed her true self.

"You look nice," he commented as I sat down beside him. I looked down at my strapless black dress, which flowed down to my knees.

"Thank you Niall," I replied, smiling.

He looked down at his lap, twiddling his fingers.

I sighed, "Niall," his head snapped up, "You need to leave the past in the past," I whispered as I put a hand on his shoulder.

"I know, it's not easy. What Ryan did to me was horrible and it's going to be hard to forget. Nonetheless, I'm trying my best to forget. You should do the same. Forget about her, she was never worth it." I finished my mini-speech and looked at Niall.

His blue eyes were watery and he bit his lip, "B-but it's not the fact that she broke up with me that hurts. It's that she hurt you by joining Ryan. I always had a bad feeling about her, but I put it aside and tried to see the good in her. It was my fault in the first place. I never knew that she would stoop so low." he whispered, tears streaming down his face.

"No! Niall please don't hold yourself to the past because of me. I'm already over it," I stated as I held his shoulders in my hands.

He remained silent for a few moments before speaking up, "No, you aren't over it, Jade." he pointed out.

"And how would you know that?" I asked.

"I can see it in your eyes," he looked at me, meeting my eyes.

I bit my lip. He's right, as much as I hate to admit it. The scars that Ryan gave to me will always stick to me, possibly for my whole life.

"Please don't hold yourself back because of me," I pleaded. "I have such amazing friends and family, like you Niall. I will forget about it in no time. In these two days that I've been back, I already feel it wearing away. I want you to do the same."

"Jade, don't trust me. Like Ashley said, I'm an emotional fool. I am stupid because I'm desperate. I-"

I cut him off by wrapping him in a hug. He silently let his tears fall onto my bare shoulder. We stayed like that for about five minutes until we both pulled back.

"No, Niall. Your none of that stuff. You're not an emotional fool, your not desperate! You're strong for waiting. You're strong for going through all of this. You're fucking amazing and I want you to know that." I whispered. "You're a great friend and I'm blessed to be best mates with someone as great as you."

I stared into his blue eyes which weren't watering anymore. His expression was blank for a couple of moments until a small smile creeped onto his lips.