55: The Talk

Chapter 55: The Talk

LIAM'S POV:

I walked into the t.v room. My mind was reviewing all of the possibilities that Harry could've been crying. His voice was deeper and raspier than usual. Plus, the pause in between his words were also longer than usual. I know when my best mates are crying, and he was definitely crying.

Just then, he walked into the room.

HARRY'S POV:

I walked into the room. Immediately, Liam's head snapped up, his attention on me.

"Hey," he greeted, waving at me.

"Hi." I replied, sitting down in the empty spot beside him.

I fiddled with my fingers and kept my gaze on the still t.v screen.

"Uhm, you want to talk?" He asked.

I hoped that my eyes weren't still red as I turned towards him.

"Uh- I guess." I stated looking down at my lap.

"Tell me. I promise I won't judge." He spoke carefully.

"You won't tell anyone, right?" I asked, still not meeting his gaze.

"I promise I won't." He spoke.

I sighed and looked up. His eyes widened a bit and I supposed that my eyes were still burning red, despite my attempts of hiding it.

I started telling him what happened, all the way from the beginning. I told him about my first encounter with the blonde and his eyes widened when I told him that she came onto me. I continued and told him about the last encounter. His expression softened when I told him about her getting fired.

I leaned back in my spot and shut my eyes.

"I know, I was stupid and it's all my fault. I sh-"

Liam cut me off by speaking.

"No, Harry. It's not your fault. I knew that something was up. You would never cheat on Jade, you love her and that's obvious." He paused and looked at me in the eyes. "But, when you ignored her, it really affected her. It didn't help that you called her clingy either."

I sighed and bit the inside of my cheek. I nodded my head slowly before speaking. "I know. I was trying to stay away from her so that I wouldn't feel guilty."

He nods slowly and breathes out. His fingers pinch the bridge of his nose as he goes deep into thought.

"You know what you should do?" He spoke, sitting up properly.

"What?" I asked, not bothering to fix my posture.

"Talk to her. That's the best way to sort this out." He pursed his lips and went into thought. "You know, once the same thing happened with Sophia and I. She actually broke it off with me."

I raised my eyebrows. What?!

"You two broke up?! When?! How?" I rambled.

"Yeah but it was not that long that we weren't together. She thought I was cheating on her, while on tour. Similarly, it was a situation like this." He sighed.

"So how'd you fix it?" I asked.

"I forced her to listen to me. Yes, it was hard but it worked. You should do the same thing." He smiled at me.

I took a deep breath and nodded. "I will, but not yet."

"Not yet? Why?"

"Because I'm worried she's going to freak out." I spoke.

He rolled his eyes. "Freak out? Mate, I don't think it can get much worse than the situation right now. It will get worse if you leave it to later." Liam advised.

"So should I talk to her now?" I asked.

He nodded. "From what I know, she thinks you got bored of her and decided to be with someone else behind her back."

I felt my eyes widen. "I would never do that! Never in a million years, especially with Jade."

He smiled and patted my shoulder. "That's the Harry I know. Do you want me to call her?"

I nodded and bit the inside of my cheek.

I'm not ready.

Liam got up, straightening out his sweats before walking towards the door.

"Good luck, mate." He spoke, leaving shortly after.

"Thanks." I breathed out quietly.

He shut the door and I was met with silence. The Xbox symbol illuminated on the flat screen, not moving. I heard muffled voices in the distance but all I could focus on was my thoughts.

Overall, I am really nervous. She won't even look at me, how am I supposed to talk to her? How will she react? What if she won't believe me?

My questions came to a stop as the door creaked open. Jade walked in, her bunny pajamas looking as-cute-as-ever on her. Her hair was disheveled but she still managed to look amazing.

That's when it happened. Her cold gaze met my desperate one. Her eyes were puffy but that didn't hide the anger that was blazing behind them.

She tore her eye away from me and looked at the floor still. She was still standing in the doorway.

"Liam? Where's the bag you wanted me to get?!" She tried to speak loud but ended up in a fit of coughs.

I didn't hear Liam's response because I was already sprinting towards her. She doubled-over and coughed nonstop.

"Jade, it's okay. You will be alright." I spoke quickly as I rubbed her back.

She stopped coughing and got up. Her gaze met mine and I felt extremely guilty already.

"Don't touch me, Harry." Her voice surprised me. It wasn't the croakiness that caught me off guard. It was the fact that she sounded so broken.

My heart shattered into a million pieces as she bit her bottom lip, a habit when she's about to cry. She took a step back as my hand dropped from her shoulder.

"Please, baby. Just listen to me." I pleaded.

"No! What is there to listen to?" She was on the verge of yelling. "You cheated on me, Harry!"

I walked over to the door and quickly closed it before anyone heard.

I walked back to her and gripped her shoulders so that she would have to look at me. I knew that I was using my strength against her but I need her to listen. Her eyes blazed in anger as she tried to squirm out of my grip.

"Let... Go... Of... Me!" She strained out. She had no effect on me as I kept my grip on her shoulders. She eventually stopped squirming and looked up to me.

"I'm tired. Let go of me... Please?" Her big eyes stared at me in hope.

I shook my head. "Not until you listen to me."

"No! I don't want to listen!" She whispered angrily.

"Well, you have to." I rebutted.

By this point, I was beyond guilty. I was desperate for her to listen to me.

She sighed and then sniffled. Her chocolate brown eyes met my green ones. A look of brokenness was obvious on her face.

"You have five minutes."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi everyone. I'm so sorry that I didn't update for a while. A lot of school stuff is going on, plus extracurricular stuff and homework. I hope u understand.

I promise that the next chapter will be great and hopefully uploaded faster.

Please vote/comment!

Ilysm!

AND FIREPROOF OMG AGELAKAGSKA

~Maya xox