69: Unpacking

A/N: important announcement in authors note at the bottom.

HARRY'S POV:

After Jade and I grabbed our suitcases, we left the airport and sat down in Jade's parents' van. The car ride was rather smooth, with a steady bit of chatter filing the air.

"How's James?" Jade asked.

"He's just fine. He's been asking about you and he told me to tell you that he's sorry he couldn't make it." Her mum replied.

"Oh," Jade spoke. "Well, at least I get to meet you all."

Emily leaned forwards from the backseat and spoke to me. "By the way, James is our older brother. He's about you're age."

I nodded, well that makes sense.

"Thanks, Emily. I didn't know that." I replied, smiling at her.

She nodded and smiled back. "No problem."

I decided to strike up a conversation with Emily, while Jade catches up with her parents.

"So, which grade are you in?" I asked.

"Grade eleven. It's so boring and stressful." She claimed, now resting her chin in her palm.

"I hope you're doing well." I added, which made her nod.

"Yeah, although I hate it, I'm doing well." She paused. "Enough about me. How're you?"

"I'm better than ever." I replied, adding a smile in the end.

"How is your job going? Being a part of One Direction must be stressful." She spoke, her blue eyes filled with interest.

I nodded, "At times it can be. But, traveling with my best mates, amazing crew and babe-of-girlfriend is fun. I love it."

She laughed at my answer and nodded. "Yeah, my 'babe-of-a-sister' can often be a pain in the butt."

I raised my eyebrows and I felt an amused smile on my lips. "How so?"

"Well, when she stayed with us, before college, she would never shut up. 'Emily clean that up!' 'Oh God, Emily pick up your shit!'" She mimicked Jade in a high-pitched voice, making me laugh.

"She still does that." I added, still chuckling a bit.

"Does she?" Emily asked, "Goodness mate, I feel bad for you."

I nodded, now smiling. "Yeah, 'Harry, pick up your socks!' And 'God, Harry! I don't want to do the dishes!'"

Emily loudly laughed as I chuckled along lightly. "But I love her."

Emily's face softened up and she smiled. "That's really cute. I ship you two."

"Thanks," I laughed.

Just then, Jade turned towards us. "What're you two yapping about?"

"We're talking about you always nagging us to clean up our shit." Emily nonchalantly spoke.

"Language, Ms Collins." Their mum called from the front of the van.

"Sorry," Emily replied, turning back to us.

Jade gasped, "I do not!"

"Yeah, you do!" Emily rebutted.

I nodded along. "Sorry baby, I agree with your sister."

"It's not my fault that I can't stand a mess!" Jade defended, her hair falling in front of her eyes.

I reached forwards and moved her hair out of her face, smiling at her. Her eyes met mine and she smiled when I winked at her.