1980

So I know I said I would keep to the Queen timeline as much as possible and in real life, Freddie didn't move into Garden Lodge until 1985 but for this story, I am going to use the film timeline and have him living therefrom 1980.

As I said before big time jump.

Enjoy.

March 1980

A lot has happened between January of 1977 and March of 1980. John and Veronica now have three children, Robert (age 4 nearly 5), Michael (age 2) and Laura (9 months). Brian and Chrissie have a son, James (Jimmy, age 1 nearly 2). Roger and his long time girlfriend Dominique are expecting their first child in May.

Queen has had another three album releases since 'A Day at the Races' and they are in the middle of recording their 8th album, 'The Game'. John Reid is no longer Queen's manager, that role has been filled by their lawyer Jim Beach.

Amelia is now 11 and growing up far too quickly for Freddie's liking. Her hair has lighted from the almost black colour to a chocolate brown and she now reaches Freddie chest in height.

Right now Freddie and his daughter are at a place called Garden Lodge viewing the property.

"Dad, why are we here?" Amelia's voice echoes through the empty entrance hall as she stood admiring the grand staircase.

Freddie interrupts his conversation with the estate agent, "This is our new home or it will be once I've signed the papers"

Amelia looks at him confused, "but this place is huge and there's only the two of us..."

"Yes it has ten bedrooms and there's eight of us including the cats, that one room each and two spares. Why don't we go upstairs and pick your bedroom?" She rolls her eyes and follows him up the stairs, they continue to explore. Another two cats have been added to the family, Oscar and Lily but Jerry remains Amelia's favourite.

Amelia's POV

I turn around in circles admiring the big room that would be my bedroom. I wasn't keen on moving again but this room is huge, not as big as dads for obvious reasons but still, it's winning me over.

At the moment it's just an empty room but I have my own bathroom and a big walk-in wardrobe. I can't wait to decorate it. However, I'm not going to let my dad think it's this easy to win me over. He knew how much I hated moving last time.

I walk back down the stairs where my dad is reading through the paperwork, he sees me out of the corner out his eye and looks up, "So what do you think darling? Do you like it?"

I shrug, "It's okay"

The beaming grin on dad's face turns to disappointment, "You don't like it?"

"It's not that it just, we already have a home."

"I know you hated moving last time but I promise that if we move here we will never move again," he paused to think, "Is there anything I can do to persuade you?"

I route through my backpack and pull out a piece of paper, handing it to him, "This is the application form for me to go to high school in September, it's the school that Jessy will be going too. Please will you sign it?"

Despite being homeschooled Jessica and I have stayed the best of friends but we don't get to see each other that often. We talk on the phone all the time and try to meet up once every few months with her school hours and my tutor hours, plus the time I'm away with Queen on tour, every few months is the only time we have to meet.

Dad sighs, "Milly we've talked about this, you know you're being homeschooled for a reason, what if the press start pestering you again?"

"I can't put my entire life on hold because of the press. I miss seeing Jessy all the time and I want to make some new friends and be able to go out and do stuff with them. Please, dad." I was ready to get down on my knees and beg him.