Party!!!

PLEASE READ!!!

Firstly, in the announcement I wrote earlier, I said I would give you a double update of this story tomorrow but I changed my mind and you're getting one today and one tomorrow. This is of course because this story reached 10K+ reads last night. Thank you so much!!!

Now, before we go any further let me explain a few things;

I realise that The Works album was released and made in 1984 but I will be using the film version of the band split up for the story so I will be writing it in earlier. Paul's firing will stick to that of the movie as well.

However, while this part of the story is still a while away, Freddie's aids diagnosis will be to the real-life timeline. In real life, he wasn't officially diagnosed until 1987.

Lastly and this isn't as important when it comes to Amelia's school grades I will be using the GCSE A-C grades. I am aware that it wasn't GCSE's in the '80s.

May 1982

The end of May saw the release of Queen's eleventh studio album, The Works. And with the release of the album, Freddie has decided to throw a party to celebrate.

Amelia's POV

I got home from school Thursday afternoon to find the kitchen in a state of chaos, filled with random people I don't know, "Dad what's going on?" I ask finding him in the kitchen.

"Oh hello sweetheart, how was school?" He turns around beaming at me completely ignoring my question.

"It was fine, I got a B in my Biology test. What's going on?" I ask him again.

"That's my smart girl, now I'm throwing a party tonight. These lovely people are helping Joe with the food." He leads me out of the kitchen into the dining room where the table has been moved to one side to open the space up.

"Tonight but what about me? What will I do?"

"Well your uncles will be here and so will Mary so you'll have to stay upstairs in your room. Adults only party I'm afraid, darling. I'll make sure they don't come into your room. The party starts at half-past 8." He walks off calling after someone.

Great, there goes my sleep and I doubt Mary will actually come, parties aren't really her scene but I'll keep that comment to myself. Sighing I head upstairs, getting changed into my pyjama's and did my homework for tomorrow.

At half-past six I head back down to the kitchen, "Hey Joe."

"Hello little miss, what can I do for you?" He looks up from his work.

"I guessing there won't be a proper dinner tonight so I came to get something for myself."

"I already thought of that, your dad is a bit distracted so I made you some cheese and tomato pasta earlier. It's in the fridge I can reheat it for you if you like?"

"No that's okay, it tastes just as nice cold, thanks." I grab the tube from the fridge and fork.

"Oh wait, Milly in the cupboard is a bottle of lemonade take it with you so you don't need to come back down, I'll collect your dishes later." I smile grabbing the bottle and head to the music room to grab my guitar. If I'm going to be stuck in my room all night I might as well make good use of it.

------

When half-past 8 arrived I sat on my window seat, guitar in hand, watching the guests arrive. Jerry and Romeo are keeping me company.